What you'll do
Appreciate the natural beauty of this area as you discover shrines and temples nestled away in the forest, or see the stunning cherry blossoms during sakura season.
See both the most famous attractions such as the awe-inspiring Daibutsu, the Great Buddha, and Kotokuin Temple as well as getting a little off the beaten path (or hiking trail!) and discovering hidden gems tucked away beyond the tourist sites and beach.
Spend time getting to know your Local Host, who can give you recommendations for other places you may like to make trips to during your time in Japan, as well as more hidden gems they know you’ll love in Tokyo and the surrounding area.
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, interests and any requirements so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you’ll visit famous museums and attractions, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places and restaurants that are loved by locals, and that you wouldn’t find a in a guide book.
* Private and personalised itinerary
* 8 hours with a Local Host
* Return trip to Kamakura via JR train
* Walking experience once in Kamakura
What's Not Included
* Ariport pick-up and drop-off (can be arranged at an extra cost)
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transport costs other than the round trip train to Kamakura
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days prior to the experience and get full refund
* Take the train from Tokyo with a local to the historic town of Kamakura
* See the most famous Buddhist sites like the Great Buddha
* Visit renowned Shinto shrines and temples
* See the oustanding natural beauty of the forests and ocean that surround this beach town
* Explore another part of Japan with a local
Day trip to Kamakura | TokyoReview by: Donna P
We had a great day touring Kamakura with Carla! She showed us places that we were not aware of, giving us a great flavor of this beautiful area. Always friendly, she graciously answered all our questions and researched information for us. We would not hesitate to tour with her again!