What you'll do
Visit a museum devoted to the science of parasites - it might make your skin crawl but this unusual and fascinating museum is unlike any you’ll have been to before, and they even have some real life specimens on display. Stop at a unique vending machine stand where locals stop for a full meal on their way home.
After this, head to the Akihabara district which is the crazy, otaku obsessed area where everything revolves around anime! See cosplayers dressed up in their out-of-this-world costumes, be amazed by the shops dedicated to anime and manga culture then stop by one of the wacky pet cafes which Japan is famous for!
You may have heard of cat cafes, but what about a snake cafe? Enjoy a coffee and themed bite to eat, and handle a snake if you’re brave! If that's not your thing, you could visit an owl cafe, a hedgehog cafe… the list goes on. Or what about one of Tokyo’s famous maid cafes where you can experience being treated like a master or mistress by a young waitress dressed like a maid?
Finally explore one of Tokyo’s worst named places! Piss Alley is a yokocho, a tiny alleyway that’s full to bursting with izakaya pubs. Your Host will share with you the history of this yokocho and you’ll discover where its name comes from.
Explore Piss Alley and visit its tiny eateries to enjoy some drinks like local beer, highball or sake as well as trying some of Tokyo’s more unusual izakaya dishes - as well as classics like yakitori, you can find unusual dishes like frog sashimi, horse penis, pig testicles and grilled salamander - if you’re brave enough to try them!
Your Host will also give you recommendations for other weird and wonderful places to check out in Tokyo, so you can keep discovering a surprising and off-the-wall side of the city you may not have known existed.
- Private and personalised itinerary
- 4 hours in the city with a host
- 2 beers, coffees or soft drinks
- 3 tastings of unusual foods
What's not included
- Food and drinks other than the ones included above
- Cover charges to additional venues other than the one included above
- Transportation costs
- Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
- Join a Host to discover some of the weird, wacky and wonderful places in Tokyo you never knew existed!
- Visit the Museum of Parasites - a very unusual museum that is sure to make your skin crawl
- Explore a district famous for anime, manga and cosplay culture
- Visit a totally unique pet cafe like a snake, owl or hedgehog cafe, or experience one of Tokyo’s fa-mous maid cafes for yourself
- Explore Piss Alley - a historic lane packed with tiny bars where you can eat some unusual dishes and drink local sake and beers