What you'll do
In the 1900’s, this area was home to over 40 breweries - 48 to be precise - but over the years this number sadly dwindled to almost nothing. But in recent years this has been changing as the city is falling in love with craft beer once again and unique breweries are springing up throughout the neighbourhood.
Visit one of Brooklyn’s most iconic breweries where you’ll be able to explore and learn how each batch is brewed, before sampling some of their distinct beers.
As you stroll through this historic neighbourhood, discover how its brewing heritage began with German migrants who arrived and brewed here in the 19th century, as well as stopping by landmark warehouses which were used as brew houses during prohibition. Your local will share with you the insider secrets of the trade and take you to a small brewery where you can sample one of their micro-brews.
Stop by a classic NY pizzeria and indulge in some of the neighbourhood’s best pizza, paired with the perfect beer of course! You’ll then visit one of the coolest craft beer bars around, where your local will help you choose from the hundreds of distinct beers, lagers and ales you could try.
To partake in this experience guests must be 21 years or older
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* 6 beer tastings and a pizza to share
* Authentic local insider knowledege and insights
What's Not Included
* Additional food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs (additional to the ones included in the experience)
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days in advance for a full refund
* Join a beer, pizza and history loving local to explore Brooklyn’s trendiest neighbourhood, Williamsburg
* Sample 6 unique beers as you stroll through the historic area, as well as enjoying some pizza in a classic NY pizzeria
* Visit one of the most famous breweries in Brooklyn, the Brooklyn Brewery where you can see how the beer is made and sample their brews
* Stop by a trendy craft beer bar and try a beer you may never have heard of
* Discover the history of brewing in Brooklyn and why the area is known for its beer!
Made in Brooklyn: Breweries and Pizza Experience | New YorkReview by: Julie and david E
Great overview of Brooklyn- Ross was excellent - he rolls with the punches and showed us the interesting parts of an interesting borough- great points of interest interesting info and a wonderful day!!