What you'll do
Visit the iconic Malcolm Shabazz Harlem Market, a vibrant bazaar selling crafts, textiles and delicious food from all over the continent and wander through the stalls, tasting a couple of dishes along the way.
Taste classic soul food dishes at Sylvia’s, empanadas and mofongo from Puerto Rico and the Dominican Republic, tacos and burritos in Spanish Harlem and some of the best pizza in New York!
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, tastes, and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience, you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see the main attractions in the area, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things, and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
This experience is better suited for adults.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* 5-6 food tastings of your Local Host's favourite spots
* 2 soft drinks, or a soft drink and a beer per person
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food other than the tastings included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a local to experience Harlem’s delicious and diverse food scene, tasting incredible global cuisine
* Explore the neighbourhood and try a diverse range of dishes from all over the globe
* Taste classic soul food that Harlem is famous for, as well as Mexican, Puerto Rican, West African and Italian dishes
* Enjoy 5-6 tastings of dishes as well as 2 drinks
* Visit the Malcolm Shabazz Harlem Market to browse stalls selling African crafts, textiles and street food
* Get recommendations from your local for other restaurants, markets, and bars to visit in the area
Harlem Food Experience | New YorkReview by: Andrula R
Delicious food and great conversation
I wasn't sure what to expect from Harlem , but this was my 3rd time in New York and I thought that it was about time I stepped outside of the areas I usually explore. Marlon bought me to a few of his favourite eateries in Harlem. We started off with delicious waffles and chicken and had a nice chat about the area. Marlon has been living in Harlem for the past 2 years, so he had a lot of stories to share. The food was so good, but the conversation really made this experience special for me. Thanks Marlon!