What you'll do
Discover some of the most famous street art in the city down laneways like Centre Place, a tiny lane with a huge character; here you’ll find some of the trendiest foodie haunts in the city like a hole-in-the-wall dumping eatery, an standing espresso joint and a tropical juice bar as well as more street art than you would have thought possible in such a small space!
Stop by Hosier Lane, the beating heart of Melbourne’s street art scene and where you’ll find probably the most diverse range of creative expression, and one of the best coffee shops in the city which also provides support for homeless people in the area. Also not to miss is Meyer’s Place, a miniature version of the best of the city’s bar culture; you’ll find tiny watering holes which are squeezed into this narrow lane izakaya style! Reminiscent of the backstreets of Tokyo, with a unique Aussie twist of course, you’ll find small bars which double as arts and cultural venues, hosting arthouse film screenings, gallery exhibitions and live music, all plastered by incredible street art.
The Lanes are microcosms of the city’s art and cultural scene, tiny spaces where you’d never imagine so much creativity and artistic expression could be found! Your local will show you the most famous lanes but also take you off the beaten path to streets most tourists don’t know about, and are where some of the best street art in the city is hidden.
Discover Melbourne’s street art in both the famous and backstreet lanes, soaking up the city’s artistic culture, learning about its heritage through art, and stopping to refuel with delicious eats and drinks in some of the coolest spots in town.
* 100% private and personalised experience
* Insider knowledge about the artsy area, shops and eateries
* 3 hours with a Local Host
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks other than the ones included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a like-minded local to discover the city’s street art culture
* Tucked away in Melbourne’s tiny laneways and arcades are hubs of art and culture where you’ll find every kind of street art imaginable
* Discover the best murals, paste ups, stencils and tags in the city and learn a little about some of the artists and their stories
* Along the way, stop at a few of the coolest coffee shops, bars and hole-in-the-wall eateries in the city - exploring is thirsty work!
* Go off the beaten path and discover street art that’s hidden away down streets that most tourists never find
* Get recommendations for other neighbourhoods and streets to explore if you’re interested in seeing more of Melbourne’s street art culture