What you'll do
On this culinary and cultural adventure, discover how Melbourne’s culinary history and multi-cultural society has created such a buzzing and vibrant food scene as you explore its foodie haunts, hidden eateries and an authentic street food market.
Your experience will begin in the heart of the city, where you’ll fuel up with the best Italian espresso around before exploring Chinatown, stopping to taste delicate dim sum dumplings and traditional Chinese egg tarts from a beloved local eatery. In this diverse pocket of the city, you’ll also find plenty of Greek eateries, so stop and try some traditional baklava dripping in honey.
Visit the famous Spring Street Grocer, a spot that’s heaven for any foodie! With gourmet goodies and fresh produce, not forgetting the subterranean cheese cellar and gelato from their legendary Gelateria Primavera.
Get lost in the city’s famous laneways and arcades, where hole-in-the-wall eateries are squeezed alongside standing espresso bars or Japanese izakaya, noodles are being handmade in the window or you might stumble across a specialist cheese shop.
Then make your way to South Melbourne, where you’ll be able to wander through the market, stopping to taste produce, buy treats to take home with you and indulge in some tasty global street food which your local will recommend. Less well known than other famous food markets in the city, the market is a community hub and foodie’s playground which shows off the diversity of Melbourne’s food scene all under one roof.
* 100% Private and personalised foodie experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* 6-8 tastings of various authentic dishes
* A craft beer, wine or soft drink
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks additional to the ones included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Join a local foodie to eat and drink your way around Melbourne!
* Sample 6 - 8 dishes and a glass of wine, craft beer or soft drink
* Stroll through the city and explore its foodie neighbourhoods and enchanting laneways
* Explore a local market and try the incredibly diverse street food and fresh produce on offer
* Taste street food that are the staple favourites in the city, and some classic sweet treats
* Visit an authentic restaurant to taste dim sum in Chinatown
* Discover Melbourne’s richly diverse food scene and try flavours and dishes from all over the world