What you'll do
Stroll through the neighbourhood and take a peek inside some of the neighbourhood’s stores and markets, where you’ll find ingredients hailing from all over the world, and certainly some that you’ll never have seen before! As well as traditional food stores you’ll also find coffee shops and cafes that reflect Melbourne’s laid back, effortlessly cool cafe culture.
Your local will take you to a spot to enjoy brunch like a local - think fresh, organic ingredients, a bright and bustling space and healthy yet indulgent dishes like eggs benny, avo on toast and fluffy pancakes with fresh fruit.
After your brunch fix, head to Queen Vic Market, the largest open-air market in the southern hemisphere! This foodie’s paradise spans an impressive 7 hectares, so is the perfect spot to pick up dessert like a croissant, donut or a cronut, the indulgent pastry which is a combination of the two!
* 100% Private and personalised foodie experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* Coffee, brunch and dessert
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks additional to the ones included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Join a like-minded local to discover how to really eat like a local, by going for brunch!
* This meal combining breakfast and lunch is a long and lazy affair, so let your local show you how it’s done!
* Start with an artisanal coffee in a trendy, organic coffee shop
* Wander through Footscray, the most diverse and food centric neighbourhood in the city, where you’ll find stores selling ingredients from all over the world and plenty of authentic eateries
* After you’ve explored the neighbourhood, head to a modern cafe that the locals love, and enjoy a healthy, Aussie style brunch!
* After you’ve enjoyed your meal, head to the world-famous Vic Market and explore this huge foodie’s paradise where you can pick up a delicious sweet treat for dessert!
Brunch in Melbourne | MelbourneReview by: Jen K
Crazy about brunch!
This is a great way to discover the Melbourne brunch scene! I was travelling solo so it's nice to meet a local who could tell me about food and culture in Melbourne. I am a massive foodie and got to try some of the best food in Melbourne and also learned about the city and what is that the locals love about it. I really enjoyed this experience!