What you'll do
Visit a local tasca, or tavern, which has been a family business for generations, and where you can sample the dish that's been served up that day - we can't tell you exactly what it will be, but it's guaranteed to be a traditional, authentic dish that's made to a generations old recipe!
Stroll through these neighbourhoods, soaking up the inspiring mix of cultures and cuisines that you'll find here, and stop by a restaurant that's a hidden away local favourite. Here, you can cool off with a cold beer or a glass or sangria, and sample plates of regional cheeses and cured meats, grilled octopus or prawns and the much loved sardine.
As well as this, your local will take you to the best spots to try pastel de bacalhau, a codfish cake, bifana, a delicious pork sandwich and of course, no food experience in Lisbon would be complete without trying the iconic Pastéis de Nata!
End your experience in a petiscos bar, where you can enjoy a glass of Porto wine or ginjinha, a local sour cherry liqueur, a local beer, sangria or soft drink and along with a few small dishes of nibbles.
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, interests and style so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about where you’d like to shop, browse and stroll.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you may visit places famed for serving up the best dishes in the city, your Local Host will also help you to discover independent bakeries, tiny local eateries and authentic bars that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local host
* Taste of 8 dishes, plus 2 drinks per person
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Additional food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a local to discover Lisbon's food culture and taste 8 of the regions best dishes and 2 drinks
* Explore the historic neighbourhoods of Mouraria and Alfama, where global influences meet traditional dishes
* Sample 8 dishes, including the iconic pastel de nata, bifana pork sandwich, regional cheese and cured meats, pastel de bacalhau and the traditional dish of the day at a “tasca”
* Enjoy two drinks, such as a glass of Porto wine in a local “garrafeira”, sangria, a regional beer or a glass of ginjinha, a local Portuguese liqueur
* Stroll through these areas and stop at the best tascas, bakeries, shops and cafes to sample each specialty
* Relax with a drink and petiscos, small plates of nibbles at a hilltop bar with great views over the city
Eat Like A Local In Lisbon | LisbonReview by: Nicola W
Loving food like I do I thought I might be a little disappointed with Portuguese food as I really knew nothing about it. Well, what a lovely surprise! I loved it. And the Portuguese or Lisboetas (sp?) so friendly, amazing English and the most wonderful food! Thank you- my eyes have been opened!