What you'll do
With your like-minded Local Host, who is passionate about sharing Hamburg’s fascinating twelve centuries of history with you, discover two of its most fascinating and contrasting neighbourhoods which sit side by side.
Explore the city’s old warehouse district, the Speicherstadt, where a complex network of huge storehouses sit on oak stilts above narrow canals.
Then journey from the old to the new, discovering the neighbouring Hafencity, the city’s newest neighbourhood, where Gothic architecture is replaced by cutting edge, modern designs of glass and metal which sparkle in the reflection of the harbour’s water.
Your local will also show you some of the most historic landmarks in the city, particularly Hamburg’s famous churches like St Michael and St Nicholas as well as its most celebrated modern wonder, the Elbhphilharmonie.
Spend time getting to know your Local Host and learn about other historically significant and interesting things to see and do in the city as well as discovering some secret local spots!
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see the main attractions in the area, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* Entry to Elbphilharmonie
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 hours before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a history loving local to discover Hamburg’s rich history and discover the city’s past and present
* Visit famous historic landmarks which played important roles in Hamburg’s history as a port
* See the iconic historic neighbourhood Speicherstadt, and discover the history of its canals and warehouses on stilts
* From old to new, make your way to Hafencity where you can explore the most modern neighbourhood and get a taste of contemporary life
* In the historic centre, visit the most famous and oldest churches or their ruins like St Nicholas’
* Visit the newest architectural masterpiece, the Elbhphilharmonie
* Discover hidden historic gems and hear the stories that only locals know