What you'll do
Explore the heart and soul of Lübeck’s culture and history in the Old Town, where you’ll find beautiful architecture and historic landmarks like Lübeck Cathedral, St. Peter's Church and Grosse Petersgrube and the charmingly crooked Holsten Gate.
For a gastronomic experience you won’t forget, enjoy lunch at the Schiffergesellschaft, the old Mariner’s Guild which was converted into a restaurant in 1868 after serving as the captain’s meeting hall for centuries. Try authentic cuisine and soak up the charm of this distinct building, where wooden ships hang from the celling and you can cosy up in a booth to enjoy a hearty plate of food.
After lunch, wander along the canals and historic streets like the Mengstraße, before your local will take you to a spot where you can try Lübeck’s traditional wine, known as ‘rotspon’.
You’ll quickly understand why this beautiful town was named ‘Queen of the Hansa’ as you discover the culture and history of this fairytale spot, before your local accompanies you back to Hamburg after a day well spent!
* Private and personalised experience
* 7 hours with a Local host
* Walking experience
* Train ticket
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your expe
* Take the train with your local who will organise tickets from Hamburg to Lübeck
* Explore this historic fairytale town which dates back to the 1300s and is a UNESCO World Heritage Site
* Discover its most iconic landmarks like the crooked Holsten Gate and the Cathedral
* Wander through its historic streets and along the canal, soaking up its history and charm
* Enjoy an authentic meal at the old Mariner’s Guild
* Taste the town’s traditional local wine, ‘Rotspon’
* Get recommendations for other trips you can make from Hamburg