What you'll do
Begin your day at the breathtaking Sanssouci palace and park, a UNESCO World Heritage Site which was built as the summer residence for Frederick the Great. Explore the palace itself, famed for its striking yellow, rococo exterior and lose yourself in the opulence of its ornate New Rooms, before you explore the grounds which are home to equally extravagant gems like the gold Chinese House and the Picture Gallery.
Next, you’ll be able to explore the town itself with your host, and enjoy a delicious lunch together at a charming restaurant, a pavement cafe or in a traditional beer garden; your host will recommend their favourite spots but the choice is yours!
Once you’ve refuelled with some regional cuisine, wander through the charming streets of the town itself, soaking up its atmosphere and marvelling at the villas and architecture which the town is known for. See the Brandenburg Tor, a miniature version of Berlin’s iconic Brandenburg Gate and then stroll through the pretty Dutch Quarter, a historic neighbourhood of red brick houses and gabled roofs which today is home to little boutiques and delightful cafes.
After you’ve explored the historic centre, you may like to visit the Neuen Garten, another of the town’s stunning palaces set in 100 acres of parkland, or maybe you’d prefer to visit Schloss Cecilienhof, the English Tudor style castle which is the historic venue where WWII peace negotiations took place.
If you love cinema, you can’t miss a visit to Filmpark Babelsberg, which is the oldest film studio in the world and is still is use today! If you’d rather see more of the town’s stunning natural beauty, your local will take you to another of the town's beautiful green spaces before you head back to Berlin together.
* Private and personalised experience
* 8 hours with a Local Host
* Palace entry
* Return train ticket to Potsdam
* Walking experience once at destination
* Local advice, knowledge and insights
What's Not Included
* Your food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs other than the ones included in the experience
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days in advance for a full refund
* Take the train with a Local Host who will organise train tickets from Berlin to Potsdam
* Explore this historic, fairytale town and visit its UNESCO World Heritage Site landmarks
* Visit the opulent Sanssouci palace and gardens, the Neuen Garten or Schloss Cecilienhof - or all three if you’d like!
* Enjoy a delicious meal at an authentic restaurant or traditional beer garden that’s recommended by your host
* Explore the charming streets of the town and visit its historic Dutch Quarter
* Visit the iconic Studio Babelsberg, the oldest film studios in the world