What you'll do
Stroll along the waterfront and see the most iconic buildings and museums like the EYE Film Institute and the NDSM Werf, a former shipyard which has been converted into a gritty urban skate park.
Discover beautiful green spaces and charming traditional architecture as you wander along the Noordhollandsch Canal, maybe stopping by classic Windmill D’Admiraal to enjoy a beer (if you bring some with you!), or head to Noorderpark where you’ll find cultural and family activities to enjoy.
Explore the city’s best flea market, Pekmarkt, a refurbished market which has a different theme each day, and discover the wonderful local businesses and artists as you browse the stalls and enjoy some delicious street food.
Get recommendations from your local about the best places to eat in the area, other things to do and more local neighbourhoods to explore.
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, interests and the food you love so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest a few trattoria options and agree a meeting time and place.
Although you will enjoy a meal at a great trattoria, your Local Host will also help you with suggestions to discover other great places to eat & drink and suggest local spots that you won’t find in a guidebook and that makes the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Visit Noord, Amsterdam’s trendiest and most diverse neighbourhood with a local
* Discover the contrasts between urban and nature, traditional and contemporary that exist here
* Visit some of the city’s most iconic waterfront museums
* Get off the beaten path and discover local spots, beautiful parks, and urban skate parks
* Explore the city’s best flea market which has a different theme each day
* Stroll through the area and discover hidden local gems
* Stop to enjoy a coffee or something to eat at a neighbourhood cafe, or grab some street food from a market