What you'll do
Stroll through the city with your local, and learn about Amsterdam’s brewing heritage, the influences which shaped the city’s beer scene and the history of beer which goes back to the 15th century when monks and nuns used to brew beer!
Visit an eclectic selection of breweries, bars and brew houses, sampling their famous brews and indulging in some tasty Dutch snacks that your local will recommend as the perfect accompaniment. Amsterdam is famous for its pale lager, but the city’s breweries also know how to make a mean pilsner, white beer and countless other varieties. You’ll visit a brewery in a windmill, sip a beer in a historic former bathhouse (where the kitchen whips up yummy plates to accompany your drinks), a trendy microbrewery and a classic Dutch bar with hundreds of beers to choose from.
If you’d like, stop by the original Heineken building in the city centre, seeing why Amsterdam is so famous around the world for its beers.
The final stop of your experience is a trendy craft beer bar, where your local will help you choose from the hundreds of Dutch beers on offer a tipple which matches your taste buds and is completely new to you. Pull up a chair and stay a while after your experience, discovering more delicious Dutch beers!
To partake in this experience guests must be 18 years or older
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* 6 beer tastings and some classic snacks to accompany
* Authentic local insider knowledege and insights
What's Not Included
* Additional food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs (additional to the ones included in the experience)
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days in advance for a full refund
* J oin a history loving local to explore Amsterdam’s beer scene and discover the best Dutch brews
* Stroll through the back alleyways with your local host to find the hidden bars, brew houses and even an abbey where nuns and monks once brewed beer!
* Sample 6 Dutch brews, and eat some classic snacks alongside them to keep you going
* Learn about Amsterdam’s rich beer culture and learn the history of beer brewing in the Netherlands
* Get recommendations from your local for other areas to explore in Amsterdam and more local bars and breweries to try out during the remainder of your trip