What you'll do
Eat your way around the most delicious street food stalls and taquerías in Mexico City in the company of a Local Host!
Get to know Mexico’s food; from thousands of stalls and taquerías to choose from, your Local Host will take you to well known as well as off the beaten path places where you can taste some of the foods that locals love.
Immerse yourself in the city’s food culture with a local who will pick 8-10 of his/her favourite street foods for you to taste and indulge in.
Spend time getting to know your Local Host, explore the area of the city you choose to go on this experience, chat about your favourite cuisine and get some insider recommendations of the most authentic locals places to eat and drink on the rest of your trip, at places your Local knows you will love.
* Taste some of the most popular street foods in the city
* Discover new foods, ingredients and flavours
* Let a Local personalise this experience to your taste
* Experience one of the most vibrant street food scenes in the world
* Learn about the origin and culture of many of the dishes you try
* Explore the area or the city or neighbourhood you choose to do this experience
What to expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personalities and interests so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see well known markets and stores, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* 8-10 tastings of different street foods
* Pick-up from your accommodation (within a reasonable distance)
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's not included
* Additional food and drinks from the ones provided in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 72 hours before your experience and get a 90% refund.
To be agreed with your Local Host.
Eat like a local: street food experience | Mexico CityReview by: Johannes A
Great two days with Roberto in Mexico City
We had two great days with Roberto in Mexico City, first day focused on street food and food markets, second day on Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera. Very easy to communicate with and overall made our visit to CDMX hundred times more interesting than if we had tried to go at it alone.
Eat like a local: street food experience | Mexico CityReview by: Sheryll T
We had a great time with Masa and he took us to try some of the best food of our lives and we never would have found it or even know where to go to try it. We never knew mexican food was this varied and just so damn tasty!