What you'll do
As two of the most diverse areas in the city, these neighbourhoods show that Melbourne is home to cultures and communities from all over the world. Carlton’s roots are firmly grounded in the Italian heritage of its residents, and so this the place to come for authentic Italian cuisine, rich culture, alfresco dining and a taste of la dolce vita, Aussie style!
Fitzroy is the heart and soul of the city’s artistic community, with vibrant and unusual street art emblazoned on every free wall, trendy concept stores which ooze creativity and style on seemingly every street and a community driven, eco-friendly outdoor market to explore.
With so many cool cafes and coffee shops, bars on rooftops and inside classic Victorian era shops, and eateries where organic and fair trade produce features on the menu, you’ll have a hard time deciding where to stop!
So let your local design a unique experience which will take you on an adventure through the heart and soul of these neighbourhoods, stopping by the coolest shops, most delicious eateries, the parks where locals hang out and to browse the tiny galleries and vintage stores where you’re bound to want to buy something to take home!
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* Insider knowledge and tips
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a like-minded local to explore Carlton and Fitzroy, two of the coolest neighbourhoods in the city
* Here you’ll find vibrant street art, artistic communities, vintage stores, concept shops, quirky cafes and hipster rooftop bars
* Explore the area and soak up its charm, visiting the places where locals hang out
* Browse an outdoor market where everything is recycled, up-cycled or hand made by locals
* Try delicious food from an authentic Italian restaurant, an organic cafe or pop up food market
* Stop by a coffee shop where organic and fair trade is the name of the game, a rooftop bar or a street side wine bar where tables spill out into the street
* Get tips and tricks from your local for other alternative things to do in the city, and other unique neighbourhoods to explore