What you'll do
Visit the historic pottery making village, where the earthenware art is still made in the traditional Mon style, just as it has been since the island came into existence - you can see masters at their craft shaping elaborate cups, pots and bowls on the pottery wheel, or even try crafting a pot yourself.
Explore the market with your local, where you’ll find everything from fashion to fresh seafood, as well as classic Thai snacks and street foods - this is a traditional market, which means everything you find will be incredibly cheap!
Enjoy tasting some of the authentic local street food that are island specialities and you’ll struggle to find anywhere else - there’s Khao Chae, a classic Mon rice dish served with chilled fragrant water, Tod Man Nor Kala, spicy fish cakes served with ginger shoots in a banana leaf bowl and Mon tempura, deep fried local vegetables and shrimp as well as Thai desert shops which each have their own unique recipes for the Portuguese influenced deserts that the island is known for.
Discover the island’s rich culture as you visit historic temples like Wat Salakun, Wat Phat Lorn and Wat Poramaiyikawat with it’s 200 year old leaning pagoda.
* Private and personalised experience
* 8 hours with a Local Host
* Water taxi
* Walking experience once on the island (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
* Bike rental: 1.50 USD per person
* Sculpture workshop: 9.00 USD per person
* Batik workshop 3.00 USD per person
The island is about 45 minutes north of Bangkok by water taxi. The market only takes place at the weekend, so to enjoy the full experience please request weekend dates.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Join a local to explore Bangkok’s historic river island, Koh Kret with a local
* This island is famed for its traditional pottery making, so see masters shaping at the pottery wheel and shop for pieces to take home at the market or artisan’s shops
* Explore the traditional market which sells everything from clothes to fresh seafood
* Try some of the local street food that is unique to island - your local will introduce you to the most authentic dishes that you won’t find anywhere else
* Visit the island’s sacred and historic temples
* Explore the island and soak up the unique culture