What you'll do
Join a food loving, like-minded New Yorker to explore Greenwich, one of the city’s most historic and foodie neighbourhoods, and eat your way around its diverse food scene, discovering how its immigrant communities brought their own unique heritage and delicious flavours to NY!
This lively neighbourhood is known for its wide range of cuisines that reflect the ethnic diversity of NYC. But despite the daily new arrivals, many cafes, restaurants, delis and bakeries opened almost a century ago, and are now local institutions, where owners greet their customers by name and you’ll get a taste of the community spirit that the area still has.
Wander through the East Village, which is known as the heart of the Italian community and sample delicacies like cannoli and Sicilian aranchini, then visit a pizzeria that’s a local institution to taste a slice of the best pizza in NY!
Stop by a beloved local deli to try sample some Italian cheese or cured meat, indulge in something sweet at a tiny donut shop or explore the West Village which is known for its Jewish bakeries where you can sample traditional treats.
Spend time getting to know your Local host, chat about your favourite food and get some insider recommendations of the most authentic locals places to eat and drink on the rest of your trip, at places your Local knows you will love.
* Join a food-loving local to discover NY’s most foodie neighbourhood
* Explore historic Greenwich with a local and eat your way around the area together
* Get a taste of Greenwich’s history and the flavours that make this neighbourhood so special
* Sample 6 local delicacies and learn about the area’s food culture
* Stop by the bakeries, delis, pizzerias and restaurants that are local institutions and at the heart of the local community
* Get recommendations from your local for other neighbourhoods to explore, more places to eat in Greenwich and other local restaurants to try during your trip
What to expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, tastes and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see the main attractions in the area, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
This experience is better suited for adults.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* 6 food tastings of your Local Host's favourite spots
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's not included
* Food other than the tastings included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.