What you'll do
Discover the city’s most diverse neighbourhood which is packed full of local character, an extensive history and authentic eateries serving up traditional Portuguese cuisine as well as global dishes.
With a local by your side, you’ll know exactly where to look to see the very best of what this neighbourhood has to offer and get an authentic taste of local life in Lisbon.
Shop for beautiful, second hand Portuguese tiles, visit a tiny illustration gallery, stroll through the leafy shade in the Jardim de Cerca da Graça or head here at the end of the day to see a magical sunset from this secret spot!
Spend time getting to know your Local Host, chat about your favourite things to do, eat and see and get some insider recommendations for the rest of your trip so you can continue to explore and see the city like a local, at places your host knows you will love.
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see the main attractions in the area, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 2 hours with a Local Host
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a like-minded local to explore a diverse local neighbourhood that even Lisbon locals don’t know about!
* Explore this fascinating area which has diverse Portuguese, Moorish and global roots!
* Taste some of the most authentic food in the city from tiny local eateries
* If you’re lucky, catch some fado in the neighbourhood is was born in
* Visit a hidden gallery of illustrations by Portuguese artists and stroll through a beautiful garden
* Soak up the unique atmosphere in this dynamic and globally diverse district
Discover laid-back Mouraria: Lisbon’s Secret Neighborhood | LisbonReview by: Nicola C
Mutli cultural Lisbon with Gabriella
We enjoyed exploring streets and alleys we wouldn't have otherwise with Gabriella and learning how much more diverse than you would think Lisbon is and the influences from around you can see and taste in Lisbon. Saw some wonderful tiles through a "secret" door that you wouldn't know where there. I hope they get some protection soon. Also able practise my very rusty Hungarian toast! Gabriella is a lovely, welcoming host who I would recommend.