What you'll do
Join a Local Host to discover Berlin’s most famous historic attractions and see the city’s WWII history come to life, as well as to explore off the beaten path spots that only locals know about.
Explore significant landmarks like New Synagogue, the Tränenpalast, the Brandenburg Gate and the Holocaust Memorial, and get a unique local insight by discovering them with your host.
As well as discovering the famous sights and places that are synonymous with Berlin’s WWII history, you’ll also explore contemporary areas like Potsdamer Platz where you’ll get a feel for modern Berlin.
Get recommendations from your local about other historic areas in the city to visit, and ask any questions you might have while you can benefit from your local’s insider knowledge!
* Join a history loving local to discover Berlin’s rich history and discover the city’s past and present
* Visit famous historic landmarks which played important roles in Berlin’s history
* See iconic historic sights like the Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie and the Holocaust Memorial
* Discover hidden historic gems and hear the stories that only locals know
* Get a taste of contemporary life as you explore modern neighbourhoods
What to expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see the main attractions in the area, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 8 hours with a Local Host
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's not included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 48 hours before your experience and get a 90% refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Berlin past and present: history experience | BerlinReview by: Wendy O
Beyond Berlin's Tourist Attractions
Josa gave a great tour of Berlin's historical sites. He had an excellent knowledge of the city's history, including information on events and locations that you wouldn't find in a travel book.