Join a Local Host who knows where to find the best eateries and izakaya (drinking & eating houses) in the city and eat your way around the city together, discovering incredible eateries where the locals really love to eat.Read more +
Get to know Tokyo’s food scene; from traditional izakaya where the locals gather with friends and colleagues to share food and drinks, to hole in a wall eateries with big character and some of the best ramen bars where locals line up at 6 am, your local will take you to well known as well as off the beaten path spots where you can taste the best local dishes and get an authentic taste of local life.
Immerse yourself in the local food culture with a Local Host who will select 6-8 of their favourite foods to try out based on your food preferences and while you're at it, discover markets, stores, street food and local eateries together.
Spend time getting to know your Local Host, chat about your favourite foods and get some insider recommendations for the best local places to eat for the rest of your trip.
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours of booking by email to find out more about your personality and tastes, as well as any dietary requirements so we can assign a like-minded Local Host who will create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will visit well known eateries and markets in the area, your Local host will also help you to discover the places, foods and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make Tokyo unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* 6-8 foods to taste selected by your Local Host based on your preferences
* 1 beer and 1 cup of sake or 2 soft drinks
* Tastings of unique Japanese soft drinks from the vending machines or convinience stores
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
* Food and drinks other than the ones included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Eat and drink like a local!
* Discover the eateries where locals really love to eat, and try the different dishes they make
* Learn about the food culture in Tokyo from your local
* Try new dishes and discover local ingredients
* Try a couple of the most popular drinks unique to Japan from the hundreds of vending machines in the streets
* Get tips and recommendations for other dishes to eat and the best places to find them
* Eat and drink like a local!
We did 4 different tours in Kyoto. "Tokyo's nocturnal playground", and "Eat and drink like a local"; this two where probably the highlights of our trip; both host, Kenji and Sergio; they are fun, knowledge and very helpful. I will definitely recommend this company; we change few times the days and book last minuted and they were super accommodating, so if you don't know Japan you definitely need somebody like them!
She was very knowledgeable and fun.
Marine was an energetic, enthusiastic, knowledgeable, and accommodating tour guide. She knew her stuff as far as food goes but also knew the city and where to go when we were looking for more than just the typical tourist eateries. from street food to decent restaurants she packed it all in for us. And just to keep it all fun the conversation flowed freely, like good wine. And she was just as honest about the less savoury as she was enthusiastic about the sweet side of life in Tokyo. All in all a great night to remember. Thanks Marine. John and Sue
Vi ficl veta mycket kring olika stadsdelar o kring matkulturen i Japan. Åt jättegod sushi. Drack bästa kaffet här i Tokyo. Lite också om hur det håller på att förändras nu när den äldre generationen sakta försvinner o med dem tankar o vanor från förr.