What you'll do
Whether you’d like to immerse yourself in the neighbourhood you’ve recently moved to, or you’re hoping to find a side of Tokyo’s personality that matches your hobbies and interests, your host will design a personalised experience that suits your requirements.
Moving to Tokyo may be a completely new cultural experience for you, and you may not be completely sure of the city’s cultural practices, its do’s and don’ts or the local etiquette - it may be the opposite of what you are used to! So your host will share their priceless insight into Japanese culture, share with you the etiquette that you absolutely need to know and help you ease into life in a new culture.
If you’d like to really get acquainted with the area you now call home, your local will design an experience in your neighbourhood, which they themselves also know well. Discover its personality, the local institutions which are beloved by residents and the izakaya and eateries where you’ll go to eat authentic local food and share drinks with the locals.
Ask any questions you have about the area, get recommendations for places to eat, shop and relax and get to know its culture and history as you explore the streets and stop by various eateries, bars and venues.
As you explore the city like locals, you’ll be able to ask any questions you have about what life is really like, discover the off the beaten path side of Tokyo and get properly acquainted with your new home!
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* Local knowledge, insights and advice
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* If you’ve just moved to Tokyo, get to know your new city like a local with a like-minded host by your side
* Explore your new neighbourhood and discover the places, restaurants and bars that the locals love
* Get to know Japanese cultural etiquettes, the do’s and don’ts, and ask any questions you have about life here
* Discover a side of Tokyo that matches your personality and interests, as your host will take you to the spots where you can connect with like-minded people and enjoy your hobbies
* Get acquainted with the area you’ve moved to, discovering the authentic eateries and neighbourhood izakaya that are near your new house!
* Ask any questions you have about life in the city, and get recommendations for bars, restaurants, shops and neighbourhoods which you’ll love