What you'll do
Your local will design a fully personalised and bespoke route for you which allows you to make the most of your time in the city, seeing the most famous attractions through the unique perspective of a Tokyo local.
See the iconic sights or discover local areas famed for their welcoming altmosphere and delicious food - your time is precious so spend it exactly how you want to!
Your Local Host will help you to maximise the time you have before your next flight, meaning you don’t have to waste your day waiting at the airport and can discover the city like a local, even if it’s only for a few hours!
The duration of this experience can be adapted to your requirements. Please get in touch via the live chat or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Private and personalised itinerary
* 8 hours with a Local Host (incl travel time)
* Pick-up from Narita or Haneda airports via Keisei Skyliner or Monorail
* Drop off at the train terminal
* Round trip tickets for the Keisei Skyliner (Narita) or Monorail (Haneda)
* Walking experience once in Tokyo (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's not included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs other than airport transfers
* Gratuities (optional)
To be agreed with your Local Host depending on your arrival terminal.
Trains stop running just before midnight. If you have a late arrival please get in touch to discuss your options.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Don't waste your layover in Tokyo waiting at the airport!
* With a local's tips and tricks, make the most of the time you have in Tokyo
* Squeeze in some sightseeing and visit the city's highlights
* Swap airport food for an authentic local meal
* Let your local personalise an experience that fits your schedule and the places you'd most like to see
Layover: Escape the Airport | TokyoReview by: Isobel N
Wild and Delicious Tokyo!
I had a long overnight layover in Tokyo. I wanted to experience the city in the most efficient way. Kenji was the perfect guide, he was able to schedule and design a night crawl tour based on my preference. We met at Shinagawa train station and then explored Shimbashi and Ginza districts. Sushi, sake, wagyu beef, shopping, bars, etc. What a night! Thank you, Kenji!!
Layover: Escape the Airport | TokyoReview by: Joy D
A Local's Christmas in Tokyo
We enjoyed this tour with our host, Noriko. It was customized exactly to our wishes and a very unique experience.