What you'll do
See the most breathtaking view of Mount Fuji as well as the red torii gate, a traditional Shinto shrine, in the peaceful waters of Lake Ashi and the famous open-air sculpture museum.
Explore these iconic sights, but with a local by your side you’ll also be able to get off the beaten path and discover hidden gems that you won’t find in a guidebook and eat authentic food in local eateries.
Spend time getting to know your Local Host, who can give you recommendations for other places you may like to make trips to during your time in Japan, as well as more hidden gems they know you’ll love in Tokyo and the surrounding area.
* Private and personalised experience
*10 hours with a Local host
* Round trip train tickets to Hakone from Tokyo via the Romancecar train (which is not covered by the Japan Rail Pass. If you would like to take a longer route via trains covered by the pass please get in touch for a new quote)
* Hakone freepass which covers the cable car, ropeway and sightseeing cruise in Hakone
What's Not Included
* Food & drinks
* Transporation not covered in the inclusions above
* Tickets or entries to attractions including any Onsen
* Gratuities (optional)
Please note that weather conditions may impede from having clear views of Mt Fuji from Hakone. If 4 days before your day trip date the weather forecast shows bad weather conditions we will let you know and you can cancel for a full refund or an alternative experience and part-refund.
On the day of your trip, the weather conditions may change and we cannot guarantee that you will see Mt Fuji as beautifully as it can be seen on clear days.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Take the famous Romancecar train from Tokyo and enjoy wonderful scenic views on your way to the beautiful mountain town of Hakone
* See some of the most famous views of Mount Fuji from Lake Ashi
* Ride the Hakone ropeway and take in some magical views of Mt Fuji and the surrounding area
* Get on board the Hakone sightseeing pirate boat and cruise around the peace and tranquility of Lake Ashi from where you'll see the traditional red Shinto shrine
* Immerse yourself in the natural beauty of the forests, mountains and lake of the region
* Get to see another part of Japan with a local and see what life is like outside of the capital city
* Try a traditional "onsen" (hot spring) if you choose to (optional)
Views of Mount Fuji: A Day Trip to Hakone | TokyoReview by: Roger S
The tour was great as well as the host. I would suggest to do this tour in two days. For one day to get there and back is to far. But overall a great experience.
Views of Mount Fuji: A Day Trip to Hakone | TokyoReview by: Adelle T
Dream come true!
We were so lucky to go to Hakone on a clear day as I got to fulfill my dream of seeing Mount Fuji in all its splendor! Hakone is such a beautiful place and Hiroshi was the perfect guide. He gave us great insights of the local culture and history and it really was just the perfect thing to do to escape the hustle and bustle of busy Tokyo. Thank you, Hiroshi-san for the wonderful experience and for being the highlight of our trip!
Views of Mount Fuji: A Day Trip to Hakone | TokyoReview by: Edward O
This personalized tour was an excellent experience. Our guide Noriko was great and even suggested we changed the tour date so we could have good weather. She was so knowledgeable and gave us great insights into Japanese way of life. She was also able to accommodate all our family needs and experience the wonderful site of Mt Fuji from extraordinary places around this area. Arigato!