What you'll do
Discover traditional Chinatown and soak up the history of the character packed streets as you explore with your local, visiting important temples and traditional Chinese medicine shops, learning a little about the local culture and the origins of the area.
Explore the hawker centre with your local which is a paradise for any street food lover! You’ll be able to sample the dishes that Chinatown is renowned for like poh piah (fresh spring roll), chwee kueh (water rice cake) and the famous chicken rice.
Your local knows the best vendors to buy each dish at, so as well as discovering new ingredients and delicacies, you know you’ll be eating only the very best and getting the most authentic and local taste of this well known food court.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* 6 - 8 tastings of different street foods
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
* Additional food and drinks from the ones provided in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a local to discover the world of Chinatown’s hawker centre and try the delicious street food served here
* Sample 6-8 of the most authentic local dishes, from unusual delicacies to Chinatown’s staple dishes
* Explore the wet market and discover the ingredients that are used
* Taste speciality local dishes like chicken rice, spring rolls, satay and water rice cake
* Explore the historic streets of Chinatown and soak up the culture and history of the area
Chinatown Street Food | SingaporeReview by: Michael M
Our Chinatown food tour in Singapore with Francesca was fabulous! She was very knowledgeable and personable. She took very good care of us. We had a lot of fun and some great food. You can't go wrong if you book her.