What you'll do
See the iconic sights, discover amazing ruins and churches, explore neighbourhoods which are loved by the locals for their markets and boutiques. Get to know how the Romans live and taste local food - your time is precious so spend it exactly how you want to!
Your Local Host will help you to maximise the time you have before your next flight, meaning you don’t have to waste your day waiting at the airport and can discover the city like a local, even if it’s only for a few hours!
This experience can be adapted to any number of hours. Please get in touch with us to request.
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place at the airport. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
* Private and personalised itinerary
* 5 hours with a Local Host
* Meeting at Leonardo da Vinci airprot
* Transfer to Rome with Leonardo Express shuttle train and back to the airport (30 minutes)
* Walking experience in the city
* Drop-off at Leonardo Express shuttle train platform in Roma Termini Station
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs other than airport transfers
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
To be agreed with your Local Host.
* Don't waste your layover in Rome waiting at the airport!
* With a local's tips and tricks, make the most of the time you have in Rome
* Squeeze in some sightseeing and visit the city's highlights
* Swap airport food for an authentic local meal
* Let your local personalise an experience that fits your schedule and the places you'd most like to see
Layover Experience: Escape the Airport | RomeReview by: Caitlin d
Fantastic day in Rome
I opted for the ‘Escape the airport’ excursion as I only had an afternoon to spare in Rome before my flight - Ugo was my excellent host, I literally would have been lost without him. He took me everywhere I wanted to see using routes that seemed a little off the usual paths but somehow all connected beautifully and gave me unique views of the major landmarks. He happily showed me the best local spot for gelato, simple authentic pizza and even lead me to several street musicians which I specifically asked about. We walked 22,000 steps according to my health app in just a few hours but I didn’t feel rushed at all, it was like walking around with a friend who saw me back to the station and waved me off as my train left. I’d highly recommend Ugo and the unscripted experience I chose.