What you'll do
Sample classic delicacies like macarons, regional cheeses and cured meats as you visit different food shops and market stalls, or enjoy choosing gourmet products for your very own feast at the end of your experience.
Stop for an authentic crepe or galette at a creperie, then continue on your culinary explorations, learning about French food culture from your local.
Enjoy a glass of regional wine or a coffee at a classically Parisian pavement café, then wander around a market where the locals buy fresh produce and delicious cheeses, pâtés, olives and other delicacies, getting a true taste of local life.
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours of booking by email to find out more about your personality and tastes, as well as any dietary requirements so we can assign a like-minded Local Host who will create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience, you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will visit well-known eateries and markets in the area, your local will also help you to discover the places, foods, and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make Paris unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* 6-8 foods to tastings selected by your Local Host based on your preferences
* 2 drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks other than the ones included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Join a local to discover the heart of Paris’s food culture
* Explore the historical Le Marais district and learn about the food scene of the neighbourhood
* Taste various cheeses, breads, cured meats, macarons and pastries as your local takes you to one of Paris' oldest and best food markets as well as the best neighbourhood patisseries & boulangeries
* Put together a feast as you shop for ingredients at each specialist food store, or indulge and enjoy eating a little of each along the way
* Stop at a creperie and enjoy in a freshly made sweet crepe or savoury galette
* Learn about Parisian food culture from your local and savour the time you spend enjoying good food
* Enjoy a glass of wine or a coffee at a classic pavement cafe
Tastes of Paris: Le Marais Food Experience | ParisReview by: Nitzan Z
Myriam was lovely!
Our guide Myriam was lovely! Super friendly and with good taste. We enjoyed the tour and discovered a side of Paris we wouldn't get to know otherwise. Very recommended!
Tastes of Paris: Le Marais Food Experience | ParisReview by: Donte H
A++ Experience with Myriam
My 12 year old daughter and I went on a restaurant tasting tour with Myriam and were absolutely blown away. The food was incredible, but what made the day great was Myriam herself. She is a soulful person who clearly understands and loves the city of Paris. She took the time to get connected to what we wanted to experience and led us to places that both surprised and delighted us. The restaurant selections she made were thoughtful, always delicious, and told a nice story of the city and its variety of tastes and cultures. My daughter now has a deeper love for Paris and we have a new family friend. We cannot recommend Myriam highly enough!
Tastes of Paris: Le Marais Food Experience | ParisReview by: Rania E
Amazing food tour of the Marrais in Paris!!!
We had a great time! The walk, the foods, and the cultural immersion all amazing. Zoltan is one of the best tour guides we've had so far: very knowledgable and super nice. Highly recommend him and will definitely request him for our next group tour.
Tastes of Paris: Le Marais Food Experience | ParisReview by: Angela M
Merci beaucoup, Marie!
Highly recommended! We spent a lovely morning with Marie in Paris for the Le Marais food tour! Marie carefully planned a lovely walk that allowed us to see key sites and enjoy amazing food along the way. Marie explained both the sites and foods along our journey. She paid special attention to my son’s food allergy and gave us tips for how to spend the rest of our afternoon (including recommendations for non tourist traps for dinner close to Eiffel Tower). I suggest you plan your tour around the lunch or dinner hours to get the best experience.