What you'll do
Explore the stunning Château de Fontainebleau, learning about its history and seeing its impressive Renaissance architecture. This castle is the only in the country to have been continuously inhabited by French royals for over 700 years, and was said to be the favourite of the royal family - even more than Versailles!
See the perfectly refurbished rooms like like Marie Antoinette’s lavish Turkish boudoir and Napoleon’s theatre as you explore the château, seeing the influences and additions that each generation brought to the castle.
Head outside and explore the stunning gardens and parklands; from vast courtyards, sprawling lawns, beautifully tended gardens and elaborate fountains.
Once you’ve thoroughly explored the château, you’ll be ready for a bite to eat! Head to the town of Fontainebleau, where you can indulge in its famed culinary culture! Known for its open air market, which is said to be the best market in France as well as the fromagerie which makes the iconic Le Fontainebleau cheese, and a world famous patisserie, you’re spoiled for choice when it comes to choosing what to eat! Put together your own picnic from the market or enjoy lunch in a bistro recommended by your local.
After you’ve refuelled, explore the charming town a little, perusing its chic perfume shops and boutiques before you enjoy a stroll through the forest to finish your trip. Your local will accompany you back to Paris after a day well spent!
* Private and personalised experience
* 8 hours with a Local Host
* Transportation from Paris and back to the city by train
* Entry to the Fontainebleau Castle
* Scenic walking experience
What's Not Included
* Your food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions other than Fontainebleau Castle
* Transportation costs (additional to the ones included in the experience)
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days in advance for a full refund
* Journey to Fontainebleau with a local to explore this chic town and the iconic Château de Fontainebleau
* Explore the fairytale castle, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site, stroll through its beautiful gardens and parklands and see its lavish interior
* Stroll through the town, taste its famous patisserie and visit the iconic fromagerie to taste Le Fontainebleau cheese
* Enjoy lunch in one of the town’s many bistros and cafes, or put together a delicious picnic from the open air Marché de Fontainebleau
* Take a walk along one of the beautiful trails that run through forest
Day Trip to Fontainebleau | ParisReview by: Margaret H
Such a beautiful place! And spending time with our Local Marie (who was excellent) made the experience all the better! Even though it was not in the city, she was able to tailor the experience to our needs and was friendly, kind and knowledgeable! Fantastic!