What you'll do
Whether you’d like to know where the best street art is, explore the city's famous coffee culture or immerse yourself in a bustling neighbourhood where you can taste local food and see the area’s top attractions, your local will design an experience just for you.
As well as visiting the places you most want to see, stop by local spots and places of interest along the way as you stroll through the lively city and your local shares hidden gems and stories with you.
Your Local Host will also advise you on the best way to spend the following days of your trip, allowing you to discover other areas of the city that you will love and sharing their recommendations for where to eat, drink and enjoy Melbourne’s culture like a local.
* 100% Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Spend half a day with a local who will create an experience that's fully customised to your interests and what you'd most like to see
* See Melbourne’s iconic attractions as well as a few off the beaten path spots
* Discover the highlights of the area or neighbourhood that you explore through the eyes of a local
* See the real Melbourne that you wouldn't find in a guidebook
* Get tips and tricks from your local and ask any questions you have about exploring the city
Personalised Half Day with a Local | MelbourneReview by: George W
Great walking tour of Melbourne with Chris
Chris was very open to doing what we wanted. In our case coming from out of the country, he asked for our interests before we ever arrived and designed a walking tour for us!
Personalised Half Day with a Local | MelbourneReview by: Rowena S
Personalized Melbourne, Australia Walking Tour with Chris
Our tour host, Chris, conveniently and promptly met my husband and I at our hotel lobby. We did not receive an introductory email which Chris sent...no worries.....he conducted an impromptu interest survey before we "rolled." Based on our responses and my mobility limitation (I use a manual wheelchair pushed by my husband), Chris guided us around older, as well as, trendy areas of attraction around Melbourne. He provided historical, unique, and curious information about the sites. Admirably, Chris knew the location of public lifts to access different street levels by the Yarra River. We were pleased that Chris did not insist on a set route, rather, prioritized our likes and needs. Chris's varied life experiences initiated fun conversations on a number of topics. Overall, an enjoyable private tour of Melbourne with a knowledgeable, personable and friendly host.