What you'll do
What was once an industrial, dockside neighbourhood filled with warehouses and factories has evolved into the place in Liverpool to see and be seen, and the area where everyone wants to work and play. Creative start ups have moved into formally abandoned warehouses and historic listed buildings, bringing with them a wave of independent craft breweries, vintage stores, exceptional street art and innovative street food ventures.
Wander through the area and discover it’s history as you go, seeing it’s history come to life as your local shares with you tales of it’s multi-cultural and diverse past as part of Liverpool’s dockland area, and it’s pioneering industrial spirit which has been regenerated and is as alive in the area as it ever was.
Stroll along Jamaica Street and you’ll discover some of the area’s best street art, and stop by the skate park where the most provocative and inspiring murals and paste ups are and watch the local skaters. If you’re interested in discovering more street art, wander to Newhall Street where innovative pieces are steadily popping up on the walls near the Liverpool Life Sciences Studio and the Observatory.
Make a beeline for the Baltic Market, a hip(ster) street food bazaar which is housed in the former Cains Brewery. The iconic brewing warehouse is shared by vintage stores, coffee shops, a flea market and creative start ups, as well as this delicious slice of foodie heaven. Grab an Aperol Spritz or a craft ale which was brewed literally down the road, pull up a pew at one of the shared wooden tables and indulge in plates from all over the world - Neapolitan style pizza, halloumi fries, soft shell crab burgers, vegan junk food and pulled pork fries covered in melted cheese - delicious!
Not yet gentrified, the Triangle is an exciting work in progress, so come and see for yourself why the neighbourhood is always buzzing.
*The Baltic Market is open Thursdays from 5pm, and all day Friday to Sunday! We highly recommend booking your personalised experience within this timeframe, so you can make the most out of your time here!
* 100% private and personalised experience
* Insider knowledge about the artsy area, shops and eateries
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* A craft beer or cocktail
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks other than the ones included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Cancel up to 7 days before your experience and get a full refund.
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
* Discover the trendy Baltic Triangle, a neighbourhood which is not only the hippest in Liverpool but has been named as one of the hippest in the UK!
* Soak up its pioneering and creative spirit, discover its history and spot incredible street art
* Browse its vintage stores and weekend flea market, picking up some unique local finds and vintage gems
* Visit the Baltic Market, a buzzing street food market housed in a former brewery and indulge in some delicious dishes!
* Stop by a craft beer brewery to try what’s on tap, or sip an innovative cocktail in a hip bar
* Discover the area’s artist credentials through its street art and contemporary art galleries and spaces