Join a like-minded local host to discover a side of Bangkok that many visitors never see as you get off the beaten path and discover an enchanting floating market.
These authentic markets, where locals trade fresh fruit, vegetables and plants from traditional boats as well as cooking up tasty street food will give you a taste of the real Bangkok!
As well as strolling along the banks of the canal to soak up the atmosphere and try some tasty street food, especially the classic Thai desserts and fresh fruit you'll find here, take a boat trip along the water for another view of the market.
Haggle for some fresh produce to take home with you, and enjoy indulging in the freshly prepared dishes that the locals love!
Depending on your preferences, your local could take you to Khlong Lat Mayom floating market, a local favourite which is known as a foodie's paradise, and is set along a smaller canal, providing a more authentic local experience; or you may prefer to visit on of the older and larger markets, where the bustling atmosphere will enchant you!
The best and most authentic markets are only open at weekends, however more central floating markets are open during the week.
The markets are only open in the morning, the earlier the better.
What to expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, interests and style so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about where you’d like to shop, browse and stroll.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although this experience is mainly focused on the breakfast, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* 4-5 street food tastings + 1 drinks
* Taxi + walking experience
* Food and drinks other than the ones included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs other than taxi to and from the market
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Join a Local Host who will take you to explore one of Bangkok's magical floating markets
* Take a boat trip along the canal or river and see the beautiful waterlilies
* Stop alongside other boats where locals trade fresh produce, flowers and street food
* Haggle for some fresh fruit and classic street food
* Return to dry land and wander through the market
* Learn about the tradition and history of floating markets from your local
* Enjoy the street food you bought, getting an authentic taste of local life off the beaten path!