What you'll do
Ruins of the ancient city still stand, so with your host you’ll explore the magical island by tuktuk and visit its iconic temples, crumbling ruins and leaning stone palaces which are scattered amongst the present day town.
Visit the most iconic temples and well preserved ruins, like Wat Phra Sri Sanphet, known to be the holiest temple, Wat Mahathat, famed for the haunting and striking head of a Buddha in a gnarled tree trunk, and Wat Lokayasutharam with its reclining Buddha statue. Soak up the unique atmosphere and imagine the island in its former glory, discovering its rich and fascinating history from your host as you explore together. As well as visiting the most iconic ruins, your host will lead you to smaller, but fascinating sites which most visitors miss.
When you’re feeling hungry, your host will recommend a local eatery where you can indulge in a long and lazy lunch of local specialities - not to miss are the river prawns, spicy catfish curries and roti pag pia, a local style of pancake rolled around candy floss.
Whether you’d like to visit as many stunning ruins as possible and discover each of the island’s temples, or you’d prefer to take it slow and spend time meandering through the vine covered ruins of just one or two, the choice is yours and your host will design an experience which suits your preferences.
* Private and personalised itinerary
* 8 hours with a Local Host
* Return train tickets to Bangkok
* Tuktuk once in Ayutthaya
* Walking experience once in Kamakura
What's Not Included
* Food and drinks
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transport costs other than the round trip train to Kamakura
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days prior to the experience and get full refund
* Join a Local Host to take a day trip by train from Bangkok to the incredible ruined city of Ayutthaya, the former capital city of Siam
* Explore the ruined temples and palaces of this UNESCO World Heritage Site
* Take a tuktuk around the island to visit the various ruins which are scattered amongst the town and along the riverbanks
* Soak up the unique atmosphere and discover the fascinating history
* Visit the most iconic temples and palaces, where huge Buddha statues are draped in silk and you wander through leaning towers of stone
* Enjoy an authentic and traditional lunch at a local eatery recommended by your local