What you'll do
With your local by your side you'll be able to really experience local life and immerse yourself in the vibrant street food culture, which starts at breakfast time!
With your local, begin the day by ordering breakfast like nam tao hoo (soy milk), patongo (Thai doughnuts), gai yang (grilled chicken skewers and moo ping (grilled pork skewers with sticky rice).
Wander through the neighbourhood, soaking up the explosion of smells, sights and, tastes and sounds of this culinary melting pot, which is where you'll find traditional street food from a diverse range of Thai regions.
Get to know Bangkok's food scene and the traditional Thai dishes served daily from food carts as you wander through the area, visiting shops and restaurants that go back more than 3 generations, learning about the local dishes, like traditional deserts and curry, and tasting some for yourself.
What To Expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality, interests and style so we can assign a like-minded Local who can create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about where you’d like to shop, browse and stroll.
Your Local Host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although this experience is mainly focused on the breakfast, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places, things and stories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make the city unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 3 hours with a Local Host
* 7-8 street food tastings + 2 drinks
* Walking experience (other transport can be arranged at an additional cost)
* Food and drinks other than the ones included in the experience
* Tickets to any attractions
* Transportation costs
* Gratuities (optional)
Your meeting point is flexible, and to be agreed with your Local Host. Meet-up at your hotel or accommodation can be requested, or your Local Host will meet you at a convenient location close to the start of your experience.
Cancel up to 14 days before your experience and get a full refund.
* Join a local to discover Bangkok's incredible food culture and taste street food dishes that the locals eat for breakfast and lunch
* Explore the culinary neighbourhood of Bangrak and discover its flavours and history
* Visit the local market and see the produce, spices and fresh ingredients
* Sample 7-8 Thai dishes, beginning with breakfast and ending with lunch!