What you’ll do
Join a Local Host who is as passionate about history as you are to discover the exciting fusion of ancient and contemporary in this diverse city, where cultural heritage and tradition are as much a part of contemporary life as they are remembered in history.
Immerse yourself in Mexico City’s culture and history through exploring Templo Mayor, Zócalo and the Centro Historico as well as exploring off the beaten path neighbourhoods built in the Spanish colonial style.
Stroll through the city with a like-minded Local host as discover its ancient roots as well as the more recent Spanish influences which have fused to create Mexico City’s colourful character.
Spend time getting to know your Local Host and learn about other historically significant and interesting things to see and do in the city as well as discovering some secret local spots!
- Join a local archeologist to discover Mexico City’s rich history
- Explore modern and colonial neighbourhoods, soaking up the history
- Visit the most famous sites like Templo Mayor and the Centro Historico
- Discover archeological remains of the ancient Aztec City that are hidden throughout modern CDMX
- See the most historic sights through the eyes of an archeologist
What to expect
We’ll be in touch within 24 hours after booking to find out more about your personality and interests so we can assign a like-minded Local Host who will create a bespoke experience for you.
Your Local Host will communicate with you directly by email to suggest an itinerary and agree a meeting time and place. Your itinerary is flexible, so during the experience you can always change your mind about what you want to do.
Your Local host may also suggest adjustments or new routes if they feel that there is something just around the corner that you may enjoy, or perhaps if the weather affects your itinerary.
Although you will see the main attractions in the area, your Local Host will also help you to discover the places and local histories that you won’t find in a guidebook and that make CDMX truly unique.
* Private and personalised experience
* 4 hours with a Local Host
* Pick-up from your accommodation (within a reasonable distance)
What's not included
* Food & drinks
* Entry to tickted attractions
* Transport (can be arranged at an additional cost)
* Gratuties (optional)
This is a walking city discovery and thus entry to museums is not part of the experience although this can be arranged at an additional cost.
Wear a hat and comfy shoes, as this is a four hour walking experience and you need to be comfortable.
Cancel up to 7 days in advance for a 50% refund.