I've lived in Tokyo for 9 years. I like meeting people (my family and friends say sometimes I'm too friendly). I lived in UK for 2.5 years, many of my friends I met there told me how amazing Japan/Japanese culture was for them. I had never thought that our culture was so different and fascinating, attractive for people from the other countries at that time, but now I think I know what are great things in Tokyo, and I want to share them with people who love Japan and travel to this far eastern country to see/feel it. I love walking around the city, relaxing in a park/gardens (I know nice small/big Japanese gardens), going to cafes and restaurants, and vintage markets. As for restaurants (sushi, okonomiyaki, Japanese BBQ, ramen, nabe, Japanese food lunch...), I know good places from casual ones to posh ones. I also love shopping. If you want to experience girls shopping, find nice souvenirs or Japanese things, I am happy to join you!
Foodies, High-end travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers
Asakusa, Ginza, Marunouchi, Shibuya, Shimbashi, Shinjuku, Toranomon, Tsukiji
My most exciting things to do in Tokyo
Tokyo is one of biggest busiest cities in the world and yes, it is always exciting and changing. But it also has quiet peaceful places where we can totally relax. I love going for a walk/picnic and relax in one of those places (there are nice onsen/spa too!). I also love hanging out with friends and try new cafes, restaurants, vintage markets, and discover my favourite ones when I have time.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way