gym, Eating and Drinking, Watching movies, traveling abroad, traveling in japan
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Tokyo
People who viewed NORIKO also viewed these hosts
I've been living in Tokyo for almost eight years and I have explored this wonderful city and its fascinating suburbs with a real passion.
My love of exploring actually started in Thailand and Korea, where I lived for many years before coming to Japan, but Tokyo is home now! I'm a Permanent Resident and very very happy here!
I am especially interested in the sacred buildings of Tokyo, and am the author of a number of books on Tokyo temples and Buddhist pilgrimages, as well as a guide to the Christian churches and cathedrals of Tokyo. At the moment my wife and I especially love going out to Chichibu, a wonderful little town in the mountains west of Tokyo, and visiting the temples there. But we are not planning on any more books!
Instead, I've been spending most of my free time studying Japanese, especially reading. I'm a big fan of the manga Yotsubato and read along with an online reading group. And just this year I've started another brand new hobby - watching the entire Gundam series... all 40 years of it! I watch each episode first with English subtitles, and then with Japanese, and of course I'm making Gundam model kits too! I'm a total beginner, but it's great fun!
What people like about me is my enthusiasm! I wouldn't be any good at "Tokyo after dark" tours or anything like that, but for anyone interested in the traditional sights of this city, as well as modern architecture, parks, and walks in local areas, I bring energy, knowledge, the ability to compare with other countries, and a real love for this place which is now home.
And, as of January, 2019, I've just started Instagram too!
I look forward to exploring Tokyo with you soon!
PS - if you would like to walk a seven-lucky-gods pilgrimage with me, one of the best I know in Tokyo, just let me know! It's open all year round, takes just three to four hours, and is great fun.
Marcus Is Great For
History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
Hello there! I'm half Japanese and Filipino, 23 years old. I speak 3 languages fluently and starting to learn Italian now. I'm a Chef in Tokyo, mainly European and Asian cuisine. I'm very much interested in Food and Beverage. I also love travelling a lot but i hate riding the plane because sitting for long hours is not for me, so I've only been to Asian countries. I live in a place called Asakusa, which is a very famous old area. Temples, old restaurants/cafes, old shops, etc. are located there. I'm interested in a lots of things so I try to go visit places and learn something new. Tokyo is a very different city from anywhere else. It's very new, but it's old. In one place, you'll see all the parks and trees; then in one area with the concrete jungles. I would also recommend you to try cities like Kyoto, Osaka, Kanazawa, etc. Which are really different from each other(Atmosphere, People, etc)
Yuichi Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Japanese, Tagalog
I always have a curious mind as I know there is always things to explore no matter how long you stay at a place. I just love culture, language and people and I love to show people around especially when they are interested in local culture and communications!
Janet Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, High-end travellers, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Mandarin, Japanese
NORIKO | TokyoReview by: Joy D
A Local's Christmas in Tokyo
We enjoyed this tour with our host, Noriko. It was customized exactly to our wishes and a very unique experience.
NORIKO | TokyoReview by: Michelle D
Walking tour Tokyo
Noriko was a great guide for our family of 4 on our first day in Japan. She showed us how to get the subway, took us to all the places we wanted to go at a good pace; and a highlight was her showing us how to eat monjayjaki. Thanks so much!
NORIKO | TokyoReview by: Marie K
A typical saturday in Tokyo
We had already visited the major attractions so we asked our guide to take us to areas which she liked and thought we should see. We started with Tokyo station, there after Ginza area, then she showed us the blooming Ginko trees. We then went to Meiji Jingu and were lucky enough to spot a traditional shinto style wedding take Place. We were supposed to go to Yoyogi Park but as it was raining we skipped that part. Instead we ended our tour in Harajuko, Walking around and then had lunch at a traditional japanese restaurant. Our guide was very pleasant and serviceminded. We would have appreciated if she had told us more about Tokyo and japanes Life by her self, now we had to ask all the questions. It also seemed liked she was afraid to share her personal view, her answers were very political correct. But overall, we were very pleased with our tour.
NORIKO | TokyoReview by: Tal T
Noriko did great!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way