Meeting new people, Street photography, Izakaya with friends, finding nice cafes, skyline view
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Tokyo
People who viewed Mutz also viewed these hosts
Not sure which Local to book? We know each of our Locals individually, so leave it to us to find the Local who best matches your interests, personality and requirements. Simply book below and we’ll be in touch within 24 hours to find out more about you so we can choose a like-minded Local who can create an experience in Tokyo that you will love. Alternatively, contact us directly at email@example.com to let us know the proposed details of your trip so we can find the perfect Local for you!
Your Perfect Local Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Many Others
I am Czech living in Japan for 17 years. I work as s private guide and enjoy meeting new people and showing them around. I am huge foodie and love good wine. With big interest in Japanese culture, I can take you to many traditional places and explain the customs and traditions.
Blanka Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Japanese, Czech
Hi, I've been working and living in Tokyo for more than 15 years. I'm a friendly and relaxed person and would be happy to give tours of up to 4 or 5 hours. I am the perfect match for solo travelers, couples, and families with kids (little ones, teenagers) who are looking to experience traditional/typical tourist things and also to see everyday life of people in Tokyo. If you would like to book me please email CityUnscripted for availability as I'm not currently accepting direct bookings. I'm looking forward to showing you around Tokyo! Thank you.
Yuki Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Mutz | TokyoReview by: Don M
Best thing we did in Tokyo
We were hoping to find someone to show us good photography spots in Tokyo and we hit the jackpot with Mutz. She's a great photographer who knows where to go for capturing images of the real Tokyo. Mutz met us at our hotel and guided us to some scenic areas that we wouldn't have found otherwise. She listened to our requests and made sure it all happened. Over the 8 hour period we spent with Mutz, she showed us great local eating venues, spectacular shrines, and brilliant architecture. We saw the modern, the traditional, the spiritual, the unique, and the surprising elements of Tokyo. And we loved it all. We were exceptionally happy with Mutz as our tour guide to Tokyo. We felt like we were spending time with a friend who wanted us to experience the best of her home town.
Mutz | TokyoReview by: Ana Eugenia L
Gozamos mucho la visita
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way