Art, Food, sports, Bike Riding, Onsen
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Tokyo
People who viewed Yuta also viewed these hosts
After spending my 18 years of my life in Gunma, I moved to Yokohama for my college. That was the phase where I realized how much I love traveling and exposing myself to different cultures. I spent half a year in the US, and one year in the Netherlands. I've worked at a guesthouse in Nakano for about a year where I loved to meet and talk with people from various backgrounds. I'm always curious about how travelers find Japanese culture; it gives me different perspectives. I have traveled quite a few myself and it was always the people that made my trip the best. I think traveling in Japan could be hard when you do not understand Japanese. Maybe it's not hard but you would be able to experience more when you do or at least you are with someone who does... Well here I am, I'd love to help you experience more and feel at home here in Japan.
Chiemi Is Great For
First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, Solo travellers, Travellers with kids
I moved to Tokyo because of my love for Japanese Culture...I am a European who has lived in here for 20 years. I am “your Local” in this very exciting great city. Happy to make your vacation the most interesting and creative one, since I am also a promoter of the “Intercultural” lifestyle. So, I am happy to explain to you many aspects and tradition of the old and modern Japanese lifestyle. Happy to show you also the Tokyo`s coolest neighbourhoods (near the sea and the mountain) that not many tourists know about
Giovanni Is Great For
First time visitors, Off the beaten-path, New residents, Foodies
English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Italian
Almost 5 years I left Italy to move to Tokyo and start a new job without knowing any word of Japanese and a very little of the culture of this amazing country. I can say I have a quite strong spirit of adventure and adaptability. I love to get lost wherever I go and find always something new that fulfil my desires. I love laughing and make people feel comfortable is almost a life a mission to me.
Maria Chiara Is Great For
Budget travellers, Disabled travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, New residents, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, French, Italian
Well I love traveling and I love to show around new places not only to foreigners but also to my friends. I love to share good places not only with good food, also with a great atmosphere which is really important!!
Shinyu Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Hip / Trendy scene, LGBT scene, New residents, Partying & clubbing
English, Spanish, Japanese
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way