Go to galleries to see contemporary art, Take photo sticker by PURIKURA, Drink at old styled Izakaya , Dance at club, Night hikingd
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Tokyo
People who viewed Kenji also viewed these hosts
Ciao! I'm Martino from Firenze, I am 38 years old and I live in Tokyo area from more than 10 years. I make my living as a magician all around Japan. I can guide you in Tokyo to nice place where you can see Japanese culture , eat Japanese typical food, buy interesting souvenirs and do shopping. And of course I can guide you in Akihabara area, the capital of manga, anime and videogames!"
Martino Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Japanese, Italian
Hello ! Bonjour ! I'm from France but I lived in London for 10 years and travelled to southeast Asia for a couple of months for a career break before arriving in Japan. I have a business and finance background but I'm now an entrepreneur developing my own activity. I'm passionate about travelling and I visited over 40 countries. I love conversations with people, listen to their stories and share mine and I like to show the diverse sides of Tokyo, from the traditional temples, to trendy shopping streets, hipster areas and of course the touristic places from your travel book too. Whether you speak French or English and would like to visit Tokyo with a friendly local, feel free to reach out to me, I would be happy to show you around. I'm open minded and respectful of traditions, culture, gender and sexual orientation.
Anne-Laure Is Great For
LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers, Young adults
Hello! I'm Rumi, just have started my career as a tour guide this spring. I am very happy to share wonderful experiences here in TOKYO with you. Food, history, traditional crafts, unique fashion, high rise buildings...Let's find out many beautiful aspects of the city together!
Rumi Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
I am Daniela, I am half Italian and half Japanese. I was born and grew up in Milan, I have been living in London for 5 years and then moved to Tokyo 5 years ago! I love Japanese temples and shrines, food and street fashion.
Daniela Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Japanese, Italian
Kenji | TokyoReview by: Graeme D
the tour with Kenji was a great success
A private tour with Kenji involving my family - including four grandchildren aged 12 to 15 - was perfect. Our brief for Kenji was to take us to places we would otherwise have not known about, and this he did: Cherry Blossom was the main focus with two different locations just so beautiful! The most enjoyable part of the tour was, however the interaction we had with Kenji - especially that which he had with the children. Kenji has a wonderful personality, good humour and all with excellent English. Our time with Kenji was a real highlight of our two weeks in Japan.
Kenji | TokyoReview by: Rebecca L
Great local experience
Kenji was fantastic and the food we ate in this tour was incredible. Kenji is clearly someone who appreciates good food both traditional and with a modern twist. We tried sake for the first time as well as a range of other dishes we would not have known to try without kenjis help. Kenji answered all my questions about what else to try on our trip. We loved being welcomed into restaurants where no other tourists were. This tour is the best!!! Bec and Dan
Kenji | TokyoReview by: Stefan O
Vilken underbar och trevlig kväll med vår guide ! Bästa kvällen i Tokyo !
Kenji | TokyoReview by: Ines L
TOURS IN TOKYO
We did 4 different tours in Tokyo. "Tokyo's nocturnal playground", and "Eat and drink like a local"; this two where probably the highlights of our trip; both host, Kenji and Sergio; they are fun, knowledge and very helpful. I will definitely recommend this company; we change few times the days and book last minute and they were super accommodating, so if you don't know Japan you definitely need somebody like them!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way