I moved to Tokyo because of my love for Japanese Culture...I am a European who has lived in here for 20 years. I am “your Local” in this very exciting great city. Happy to make your vacation the most interesting and creative one, since I am also a promoter of the “Intercultural” lifestyle. So, I am happy to explain to you many aspects and tradition of the old and modern Japanese lifestyle. Happy to show you also the Tokyo`s coolest neighbourhoods (near the sea and the mountain) that not many tourists know about
First time visitors, Off the beaten-path, New residents, Foodies
English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Italian
Art, Food, Culture, Shopping, Outside Spaces, Live Events
Akihabara, Asakusa, Daikanyama, Denenchofu
My most exciting things to do in Tokyo
Tokyo today, is a fantastic city with a population of more than twelve million where the old traditional Japan and the high modern technology Japan coexist. I am great For: Learning the Ancient, Tradition and Culture of Japan; Solo or Group Travellers; Wedding`s Vacation, Shopping; Teaching basic Japanese communication sentence; Visiting the best genuine Japanese Restaurants; To guide you to Gallery and Museum; To assist you finding a potential business partner, too.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way