English, French, Spanish, Japanese, Italian
History, Music, Art, Food, Culture
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Tokyo
People who viewed Giovanni also viewed these hosts
I always have a curious mind as I know there is always things to explore no matter how long you stay at a place. I just love culture, language and people and I love to show people around especially when they are interested in local culture and communications!
Janet Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, High-end travellers, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Mandarin, Japanese
For starters, I live for food, travel and experience. By profession I am a photographer. I normally work for organisations like Unicef & UNDP and other local organisations around Asia and East Africa. I also write and stories for multiple English language publications in Japan in the pipeline. I love to learn new languages, so I am practicing my Japanese everyday. I like to meet people from different backgrounds and I am happy to show people around this amazingly mysterious city. I am very excited to be living here and I explore something new everyday, so I will be showing around with equal excitement.
Mithila Is Great For
Business travellers, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Hindi, Nepali
Tokyo is full of enjoyable places and events. My goals is to make sure that travellers feel happy and safe during their trip.
Oktavianti Nila Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Japanese, Indonesian
I am a Latin American man living in Tokyo, a happy yogi and proud father. Lover of adventures, new places, technology, history, art, food, music and spiritual life. Tokyo has everything! I love going to new places, learn their stories, secrets, and mysteries and then sharing those treasures. I also love to cook. I believe cooking is a blessing from God. Let's have a fun trip together and see the city from a different view.
Michael Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Giovanni | TokyoReview by: Daniele e Ornella M
Meglio di così non si poteva...
Grazie al mitico Giovanni, host locale di CityUnscripted, , mia moglie ed io abbiamo trascorso una giornata indimenticabile facendoci vedere la città di Tokyo sotto altri occhi e soprattutto con il sorriso di Giovanni e con la sua guida esperta.Non è stato come un giro con un amico che conosci da anni...
Giovanni | TokyoReview by: Art & Jen R
Loved Tokyo and loved Giovanni.
His love for what he does and his city is contagious. Highly recommend both to anyone and everyone. Art +Jan
Giovanni | TokyoReview by: Damiano M
Giovanni top di gamma
Felici per la scelta di affidarci ad una guida del posto sopratutto per Tōkyō città molto differente dall Occidente. Giovanni simpaticissimo e molto premuroso per tutta la giornata ci ha spiegato aneddoti e chicche per poter anche girare in autonomia, consigliatissimo..
Giovanni | TokyoReview by: Lyuben M
Thanks to Giovanni for the great time and the perfect organization he made during their time spent together in Tokyo.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way