English, Japanese, Italian
Food tasting , Visiting monuments and statues, Street Fashion, Visiting temples, hot springs and public baths, Japanese pop-culture and subculture
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Tokyo
People who viewed Daniela also viewed these hosts
Ciao! I'm Martino from Firenze, I am 38 years old and I live in Tokyo area from more than 10 years. I make my living as a magician all around Japan. I can guide you in Tokyo to nice place where you can see Japanese culture , eat Japanese typical food, buy interesting souvenirs and do shopping. And of course I can guide you in Akihabara area, the capital of manga, anime and videogames!"
Martino Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Japanese, Italian
Hello ! Bonjour ! I'm from France but I lived in London for 10 years and travelled to southeast Asia for a couple of months for a career break before arriving in Japan. I have a business and finance background but I'm now an entrepreneur developing my own activity. I'm passionate about travelling and I visited over 40 countries. I love conversations with people, listen to their stories and share mine and I like to show the diverse sides of Tokyo, from the traditional temples, to trendy shopping streets, hipster areas and of course the touristic places from your travel book too. Whether you speak French or English and would like to visit Tokyo with a friendly local, feel free to reach out to me, I would be happy to show you around. I'm open minded and respectful of traditions, culture, gender and sexual orientation.
Anne-Laure Is Great For
LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers, Young adults
Hello! I'm Rumi, just have started my career as a tour guide this spring. I am very happy to share wonderful experiences here in TOKYO with you. Food, history, traditional crafts, unique fashion, high rise buildings...Let's find out many beautiful aspects of the city together!
Rumi Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Hi, I've been working and living in Tokyo for more than 15 years. I'm a friendly and relaxed person and would be happy to give tours of up to 4 or 5 hours. I am the perfect match for solo travelers, couples, and families with kids (little ones, teenagers) who are looking to experience traditional/typical tourist things and also to see everyday life of people in Tokyo. If you would like to book me please email CityUnscripted for availability as I'm not currently accepting direct bookings. I'm looking forward to showing you around Tokyo! Thank you.
Yuki Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Daniela | TokyoReview by: Erika P
A wonderful night out in Shinjuku
My evening with Daniela was great and I loved every second of it. The fact that she also speaks Italian was great. Of course I speak English, but chatting in Italian the whole time made things much easier and relaxed. It was a clear - but freezing cold - night and Daniela still managed to show me every cranny and nook in Shinjuku. And she also gave me great tips for my further stay in Tokyo. We also went to some local bar, mingling with the locals and it was a funny and interesting experience. We even met the legendary Shinjuku's Tiger Mask! You really can't ask for anything more. I really recommend Daniela as THE guide for your tour in Tokyo.
Daniela | TokyoReview by: Catherine P
Tokyo tour and eat and drink
Daniela is the perfect host. She is knowledgeable, fun , interesting; and has the right personality . She was clever enough to match the itinerary to the age and interests of her customers. Her English is first class and the way she engaged with the locals revealed deep understanding of Japanese Culture which she shared with us beautifully. We would gladly recommended Daniela as a guide and hire her again.
Daniela | TokyoReview by: Alex C
I had an unforgettable experience with Daniela discovering Koenji which included a visit to a gorgeous temple along with some hidden vintage clothing and record shops in the area ending with delicious food in some very local Izakayas. Daniela was extremely knowledgable about the area. She introduced me to some amazing dishes that I would have never known to order, in hidden places that do not cater at all to non-Japanese speakers. A truly unique experience and truly great company. Will definitely seek out Daniela again on my next visit to Tokyo - highly recommended!
Daniela | TokyoReview by: Giuseppe B
Look like local
Devo dire che è stata una esperienza molto interessante e frizzante, perché anche se in poche ore, mi ha fatto vivere la città al difuori dai soliti schemi da turista, facendomi scoprire piccole perle di realtà locale che sono di per sé molto affascinanti e che senza Daniela non sarei riuscito a trovare o a vivere nel modo giusto, ovvero sentendomi a mia volta uno di loro.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way