English, Mandarin, Cantonese
Competitive sports i.e. basketball, Singing in KTV, Spending time with my kids, Social gathering with a few drinks, Working on opportunities in a job
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Taipei
People who viewed Ben also viewed these hosts
Long-term Taipei resident, I'm here to show you there is more to my city than night markets! I look forward to sharing the Taipei I've explored over the years, its hidden alleys, fascinating history, quirky customs, and gorgeous surrounding nature. Whether you're into historical sites, arts, outdoor adventures or sampling local craft brews, I'll be delighted to show you around!
Cecilia Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers
English, French, Italian
I am a solar, positive and funny person. I speak 6 languages (Italian, French, English, German, Russian, Spanish) and I am currently learning Chinese. I spent my first 3 months in Taiwan exploring Taipei. I like traveling, cooking, eating good food, outdoor activities, meet new people and clubbing!
Letizia Is Great For
Budget travellers, First time visitors, Partying & clubbing, Solo travellers, Travellers with teenagers
English, French, Spanish, Italian, German, Russian
I was borned and raised in Datong District, Taipei. I am from Dadaocheng and my family came to this part of Taipei in 1850s. It's living history in this part of old town. I lived abroad and spent time in the UK and lately returned to my hometown in Taipei. The history of Dadaocheng is fascinating. This is a part of city is with soul and living history. I enjoy traveling and would like to show you my city. Welcome to Taipei!
Kit Is Great For
First time visitors, Foodies, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers
Kit | TaipeiReview by: Ruth C
Ben was very personable knowledgeable and fun to be with. We saw a lot in a short time and enjoyed our layover visit very much Thanks Ben!
Ben | TaipeiReview by: Ghina B
Ben made sure we visit the best of Taipei and experience local activities and food . We also went shrimping :) and had the best and famous beef noodle soup. Thank you Ben
Ben | TaipeiReview by: Rhonda T
Day in Taipei
Big thanks to Ben for making the short time we had in Taipei memorable. Can’t imsgine exploring on our own. We would have missed so much. Our experience from start to finish could not have been better.
Ben | TaipeiReview by: Michael G
Ben delivered 110
Ben was an outstanding guide. He tailored the tour to just what we wanted. From site seeing, historical, to the night markets, we got to see several different areas, taste many new foods, and got to experience Taipei to it's fullest. If it is your first time in Taipei and you want a personalized tour, this is the way to go.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way