Photography, Long walks, Exploring new, hidden spots, Experience unknown, Explore food and new tastes
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Stockholm
People who viewed Stefani also viewed these hosts
Working as a servitor for the past 1 year so I know pretty much about places since I have to know about nightlife and culture for my visiting customers. Smiling, looking forward in what life brings me, Chinesse food and a good Entrecote is a Yes while cycling and athletism is simply, a way of life. Thats me. I m Harry. Nice to meet you. :)
CHARILAOS (harry) Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
Hej hej! (Hello in Swedish). Welcome in Stockholm! My name is Mara :) A native Greek with a Masters Degree in Urban Planning & Design. I have been living, studying and working in Stockholm since 2014. Even if you are only here for a short while - I would like to show you my town and introduce you to the Swedish culture and traditions whilst showing you some unique parts of Stockholm and its surroundings, places that are off the beaten track as well as all the "must sees"! I have travelled a lot, couchsurfed around Europe, worked in Uganda, volunteered in Cambodia and Brazil. Each and every place has its own beauty. However, one thing I have learnt is that some of the greatest memories are from the people I meet, so when I'm not travelling I want to bring the travelers to me instead. Looking forward to meet you! Stockholm is a magical place, a capital that combines the exciting aspects of a multi ethnic metropolis with the beauty of a unique nature.
Mara Is Great For
LGBTQ, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
Not sure what Local to book? Then leave it to us and we will find the best suited Local to match your interests, personality and requirements. Just select this profile and book in the profile page. We will be in touch within 24hrs to find out what you are after.
Your Perfect Local In Stockholm Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch
I'm Cygnus, and I'd love to be your guide through the wonderful city of Stockholm! I have lived here for over a decade, since 2007! I have had experiences from 20 different countries and I understand the various cultural norms and needs. If it's your first time in Stockholm or you are a student looking to study here, and you're looking for a tour that suits your budget and interests, I am up for the task! Those who know me would say that I'm friendly, knowledgeable, engaging, and trustworthy. I am also an avid photographer. My website is http://heavensfall.squarespace.com/
Cygnus Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
Stefani | StockholmReview by: Kumi T
A Splendid Sunday Stroll in Stockholm
Take two cousins, one lives in Norway, the other resides in Sweden. They meet up for a long weekend and decide to explore Stockholm. How better to do so than with an accomplished and experienced local guide who can add depth and colour to the sights? Our guide, Stefani, is bubbly and cheerful. Her command of English is impressive and her knowledge of Stockholm is amazing. Stefani has planned a route for us that took us to the main attractions without rushing, giving us plenty of time to converse about various topics that touched upon what we saw. We were also given tips as to possibilities for other trips we could take on our own or restaurants and cafés we might enjoy. We stopped to take many photos and even had time for a fika, which I learnt is the Swedish tradition of a short break for a drink and a snack. Stefani had even taken the the trouble to research some of the statues that one sees on the routes as there are no plaques in place which provide information about them. This added an extra dimension to the city experience. Wandering around Stockholm was indeed a wonderful way to spend a Sunday. Thank you, Stefani, for contributing to an unforgettable experience!
Stefani | StockholmReview by: Fleece .
Now that my life has slowed down a bit, I would like to thank you for choosing Stefani as the local for our group. She was the perfect match! Stefani was beyond what I had expected. Not only was she professional at all times but she took the time to truly understand what I wanted for my group, which was someone fun and creative. From day one she felt like family and everyone loved her. She was the perfect blend of intelligence, professionalizing, warmth, and unconstrained fun. Our kind of girl! :-), The ladies did not want her to leave! I cannot imagine returning to Stockholm without Stephani as part of our experience. I look forward to our 2019 tours and beyond with City Unscripted.
Stefani | StockholmReview by: Sumith J
Nice intro to Stockholm
First of all if you like walking then it’s a tour for you, Stefani our local host arrived on time to the hotel and we stared our tour which took us through the main parts of Stockholm. The host explained with clarity and passion what Stockholm is all about. We could by the end of the trip get our bearings. Eaten in some good cafes and checked out some decent sights! I highly recommend this to anyone visiting Stockholm.
Stefani | StockholmReview by: Brian D
Highly recommend her for your experience in the city.
Excellent overview of Stockholm with local host Stefani. Very knowledgable, friendly host with a good sense of humour. Gave us a number of great tips on what to see and do for the rest of our stay.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way