A little about me: I consider myself a very international person - I'm a dual citizen of Australia and good ol' US of A, and I've travelled to more than 20 different countries on 6 different continents. But for the past 6 1/2 years I've been calling the San Francisco/Bay Area my home. I attended University at USF in San Francisco, and ever since then I have been hooked. Aside from the exorbitant rent, it's a fantastic place for people like me - I'm active, I love food, and I always need to keep myself busy. A little about San Francisco: San Francisco, is a small city with a huge personality. 'The City' is one of the most diverse places I've ever had the privilege of living in. Whatever you're looking for, you'll be able to find it... Best Burrito in the country- We've got it. Two of the most beautiful bridges in the US- Yeah, they're here. Rich and vivid history- Mhm, we have that too. A booming tech industry- Yeah we've got that. San Franciscan's like me are always ready to accept visitors and tourists with open arms. We've got a great city, and we would love to share it with you!
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Hip / Trendy scene, Off the beaten-path, Solo travellers
Major Galleries & Museums, Restaurants, Chinese, Singaporean, Malay, Mexican, Middle Eastern, Turkish, African, Culture, Theatre, Musicals, Shopping, Books & stationery, Food, Sports, Music , Concerts, Festivals, Fitness, Outside Spaces, Religious sites, Historical, Parks, Canals, rivers, lakes, Markets, Zoo, Walking exploration, Nightlife, Jazz, Blues, Folk, Hip Hop, Sports, Football (soccer), Rugby, Tennis, American football, Baseball, Drinking, Cafes, Pubs, Bars, Cocktail bars
Downtown, Financial District, Fisherman's Wharf, Haight-Ashbury, Hayes Valley, Inner Sunset, Japantown, Lower Haight, Marina, Mission Bay, Mission District, North Beach, Outer Sunset, Richmond District, Twin Peaks
My most exciting things to do in San Francisco
San Francisco has so much to offer, that it really depends on what you would like to do. Outdoor adventurers: Presidio, Outer Richmond/Sunset, Fort Miley, Golden Gate Park, Crissy Field, Twin Peaks For the Foodies: Mission, SOMA, Hayes Valley For the history buffs: Fisherman's Wharf, Golden Gate Park, Golden Gate Bridge, North Beach, Chinatown
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way