Your Perfect Local
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Any other
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Rome
People who viewed Your Perfect Local also viewed these hosts
Cycling excursions? Worth a try ! Faster and funny ! I love my city and I’m proud to show it to visitors. My walking excursions in the City are the ideal way to enjoy it with someone who knows it well. I cycle to work and around the city for pleasure so if you like cycling we can arrange to see it by bike. (A completely different experience) I'm 52, I work in an IT Company but studied Art at Classical High School and have a passion for history. I have lived in Rome all my life so can help with the practical stuff as well as the sights, (even the hidden ones that only a local would know).
Angelo Is Great For
Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
Hi ! I am glad to welcome you in my wonderful city. I studied as Electronic Engineer, but I love arts, culture and history too. At now I am a well-known contemporary artist , Art critic and culture events organizer, collaborating with Universities . I am creative, sociable, a qualified teacher of caraibic dances and a regular practitioner of sports . I'm a food lover and I can take you to the best ice cream shops and italian food restaurant in Rome. If you are looking for a gift I can give you a good advise about everything you are looking for. I have a good knowledge about art in general and I am children friendly. My purpose is to offer you all my city can give a tourist. You are welcome :)
Ugo Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, LGBTQ, Nightlife, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
Hi! Well, I'm Andreea. I love my city and its people because its always interesting, beautiful, cultural and full of surprises. I am really good with people since I work in tourism and hospitality, and I'm great for travellers with kids too! When I'm with someone showing them around I always understand what people need and of course I can translate anything you wish. I know a lot of curious things and have great cultural interests. If you need someone who knows Rome, I am the one you're looking for!
Andreea Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers
English, Spanish, Romanian
Your Perfect Local's Instagram
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way