Your Perfect Local
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Any other
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Rome
People who viewed Your Perfect Local also viewed these hosts
Cycling excursions? Worth a try ! Faster and funny ! I love my city and I’m proud to show it to visitors. My walking excursions in the City are the ideal way to enjoy it with someone who knows it well. I cycle to work and around the city for pleasure so if you like cycling we can arrange to see it by bike. (A completely different experience) I'm 51, I work in an IT Company but studied Art at Classical High School and have a passion for history. I have lived in Rome all my life so can help with the practical stuff as well as the sights, (even the hidden ones that only a local would know).
Angelo Is Great For
Budget travellers, First time visitors, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
Ciao! I am looking forward to showing you my wonderful city. I am a reliable person who commits in anything I do. That's why I am social and I have always many people around me. Even if I studied as Engineer, I love arts, culture and history. I am a painter (contemporary and mythology) and organizer of culture events. Sometimes I collaborate with other arts critics and university professors to initiatives with the target to make available arts and culture to young people. There is so much to do and see here and make your visit to Roma memorable. I am creative and sociable. I am also qualified teacher of latin american dances and I regularly do sports .
Ugo Is Great For
Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers, Vegans, Vegetarians
After spending the past few years in London, I have returned back to my home of Roma. I am an art history buff with a kind character and a witty sense of humour. In my spare I attempt to be a musician and I have a passion for movie reviews.
Gianluca Is Great For
First time visitors, Budget travellers, Foodies, Hip / Trendy scene
'One secret place per trip', this is my motto as a Local! I love to travel! I traveled a lot in many countries and continents and I am enthusiastic to talk about different cultures, traditions and habits. I am a very open person and others say about me that I have a warm heart. We will discover together the Spirit of the great city of Rome (ancient and modern). I know a lot of historical places, paths and information about them and I will be thrilled to hear from you other.
Martin-Cristian Is Great For
Budget travellers, First time visitors, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids, Travellers with teenagers
English, Italian, Romanian, Hungarian
Your Perfect Local's Instagram
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way