Playing football, Hanging out with friends, Playing videogames, Mountain Bike riding , Sci-fi, action and horror movies
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Rome
People who viewed Fabio also viewed these hosts
Hello! My name is Cecilia and I am 33 years old. I was born and raised in Rome, but I have travelled a lot in different countries, including in Africa and Asia, for fun, study, work, and volunteerism. I work in the humanitarian sector and love being around people from different countries! I speak fluent English and French, and a little bit of Spanish – plus my mother tongue, Italian. I enjoy taking my international friends around the city, so I am naturally ready to be your local host in Rome!
Cecilia Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Nightlife, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
English, French, Italian
I'm an engineering student who loves travelling and sports, and just as any human being I'm in love with tasty food. Meeting new people and socialising is of great interest for me, so I do it through Couchsurfing and Erasmus events. In my free time I like walk, try food from different restaurants, and walk even more around this beautiful city! There's nothing better than giving someone else a good time and experience, especially when they want fun company and expertise. This is exactly why I'm here!
Nasrul Is Great For
Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Young adults
English, Hindi, Italian, Malayalam
'One secret place per trip', this is my motto as a Local! I love to travel! I traveled a lot in many countries and continents and I am enthusiastic to talk about different cultures, traditions and habits. I am a very open person and others say about me that I have a warm heart. We will discover together the Spirit of the great city of Rome (ancient and modern). I know a lot of historical places, paths and information about them and I will be thrilled to hear from you other.
Martin-Cristian Is Great For
Off-the-beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, Italian, Romanian, Hungarian
Hi!I'm Cecilia, I'm an historian of art and a classical musician :) I hold BA (Hons) and Masters degree in History and Art, and I have worked in tourism industry since 2006. I’ve got an in-depth knowledge of the history of Rome that is my passion, therefore I love to convey my enthusiasm to the group. I’m able to share my knowledge in an engaging, illuminitaing and entertaining way. I’m looking forward to let you discover Rome!!
Cecilia Is Great For
Food & Drink, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way