Art, Sport, cycling, trekking, information technologies
find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Locals' profiles and book your favourite Local Host directly
tell us about you
Tell us about you, your personality and passions, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you are after
chat & plan
We'll assign the best Local Host for you (if you didn't book one directly) and your Host will be in touch to plan a personalised experience for you
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the places, things and people that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Rome
Angelo | RomeReview by: Bob and Ann C
Best Tour of All
We just spent two weeks in Europe having a great time, however, by far, our day in Rome with Angelo was the high point. We learned so much and greatly enjoyed our time experiencing Rome like a Roman. Angelo is a knowledgeable, interesting, and accommodating guide who also happens to be a really nice person. Highly recommend him.
Angelo | RomeReview by: Tom & Taffi W
We made a lifelong friend in this splendid gentleman
Our host in Rome, Angelo, was everything we anticipated and then some. He was a perfect host. He is thoughtful, closely attentive to people’s needs and pace. He adjusts easily to minor annoyances that inevitably show up during travels and touring. He is happy man and obviously loves being the company of first time travelers in Rome. Us! His suggestions on how to use time and negotiate the city were perfect. His historical perspectives and ability to provide contexts was greatly appreciated. The beautiful Sunday we spent together walking the Vatican Museums, taking photos, and viewing The Sistine Chapel was simply stellar. We also enjoyed the company of his lovely daughters and a friend that day. And then, when our “official time” came to an end he invited to a delightful and delicious lasagna dinner at his apartment with his daughters. Visiting Fascatti with him and actually walking a portion of the Apian Way and viewing the Claudio Aquaducts were literal high points for us. Such a satisfying and memorable time. All of them were, honestly. I could go on and on. Suffice it to say, this is a host you must keep in your employ for a very long time. As well, I will not hesitate to recommend City Unscripted to other travelers seeking experienced eyes in the world’s large cities.
Angelo | RomeReview by: Rachel T
Angelo was excellent!
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way