English, Italian, Romanian, Hungarian
Food, Culture, sports, walking, every trip, one secret place
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Rome
People who viewed Martin-Cristian also viewed these hosts
Energetic and outgoing local is waiting to show you the "dolce vita" in the Eternal City. Passionate about good food and wines, travels, music, good company, walking, nature, cycling, arts. I have been living in Rome for over 20 years and this place has no sectrets for me. If you contact me I will be honored to share them with you!
Nikita Is Great For
First time visitors, High-end travellers, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Solo travellers
English, Spanish, Italian, Russian
Hi! Well, I'm Andreea. I love my city and its people because its always interesting, beautiful, cultural and full of surprises. I am really good with people since I work in tourism and hospitality, and I'm great for travellers with kids too! When I'm with someone showing them around I always understand what people need and of course I can translate anything you wish. I know a lot of curious things and have great cultural interests. If you need someone who knows Rome, I am the one you're looking for!
Andreea Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, Travellers with babies, Travellers with kids
English, Spanish, Romanian
Hello! My name is Cecilia and I am 33 years old. I was born and raised in Rome, but I have travelled a lot in different countries, including in Africa and Asia, for fun, study, work, and volunteerism. I work in the humanitarian sector and love being around people from different countries! I speak fluent English and French, and a little bit of Spanish – plus my mother tongue, Italian. I enjoy taking my international friends around the city, so I am naturally ready to be your local host in Rome!
Cecilia Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, Hip / Trendy scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Partying & clubbing, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Vegans, Vegetarians
English, French, Italian
I'm Eleonora, i'm 25 years old and i was born in Rome. I studied languages at the university and i love speaking with people who come from other countries. I'm waiting for you for spend a great day in Rome or wherever you prefer.
Eleonora Is Great For
Bar lovers, Budget travellers, First time visitors, New residents, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with teenagers
English, French, Spanish, Italian
Eleonora | RomeReview by: Annette and Jeff K
Trastevere walking experience
Christi was wonderful. We felt like we were visiting with a friend, or nephew (we are decades older than him but it made no difference). Medieval houses in tucked away neighborhoods, the house where Dante lived, churches with the most glorious mosaics, the best leather shop, which restaurants to try, Roman history, Etruscan history, so much to take in. He was generous with his time, humorous in his approach, and very personable. A marvelous afternoon. Highly recommend this.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way