English, French, Spanish, Italian
dance, Discover new restaurant, Go to the theater, Explore little and unknown streets, Try cocktails
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Paris
People who viewed Marie also viewed these hosts
I am a young , energetic creative person. I am a person who is attached to the city of Paris due to its rich history and culture. I describe my living experience by a quote well said by Thomas Jefferson, " A walk about Paris will provide lessons in history, beauty, and in the point of Life. "
Sali Is Great For
Food & Drink, Solo travellers, Children and families
Hi, my name is mari and i'm an italian girl. I used to work as a project manager for a consulting firm and then for the universal exhibition held in milan in 2015. My husband moved here, in Paris in 2014 and i followed him. Now i'm in a Sabbatical. I would like to find something interesting that doesn't force me in a suffocating office. I like being in contact with people, organizing event (i always do it for my group of friends) like b-days, weddings or just trips to explore new places. I like Paris. I like living here, the freedom i have and the opportunity that this city is offering to me. And i like the idea of sharing this enthusiasm with other. Also, i like languages. I'm native Italian and fluent in English, but i have an good knowledge of French and Spanish. I like talking with people, about whatever. I have a degree in BA but many different other passion, so i like to cover a wide range.
Mari Is Great For
High-end travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish, Italian
I am a Canadian living in Paris. I enjoy swimming and biking as well as attending theatre performances and concerts. I like to explore unknown places and meet new people. I am curious and enthusiastic. Paris for me represents a place where one can discover things about themselves all while learning about history and culture.
Alexandra Is Great For
High-end travellers, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers, Children and families
Hi! I am a sightseeing guide with a passion for history. Is it your first time in Paris? Second? You feel like there’s too much to see and you’ll never have enough time? I’m your man! I have been guiding since I was a student in Literature at Sorbonne University. My love of Paris never stops growing and it’s something I really like to share with others. My tours are in English and Spanish, even French if you prefer, essentially in the morning but I can sometimes arrange afternoon tours so if you have special demands please let me know. I would love being your encyclopedia when you’ll visit. Marc
Marc Is Great For
Food & Drink, High-end travellers, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
English, French, Spanish
Marie | ParisReview by: Angela M
Merci beaucoup, Marie!
Highly recommended! We spent a lovely morning with Marie in Paris for the Le Marais food tour! Marie carefully planned a lovely walk that allowed us to see key sites and enjoy amazing food along the way. Marie explained both the sites and foods along our journey. She paid special attention to my son’s food allergy and gave us tips for how to spend the rest of our afternoon (including recommendations for non tourist traps for dinner close to Eiffel Tower). I suggest you plan your tour around the lunch or dinner hours to get the best experience.
Marie | ParisReview by: Gigi B
Great tour at Le Marais & excellent host
I did the tour today and it was a great experience. Marie was really nice and patiente. She showed a lot of lovely places that i would not notice by my self. And of couse she gave me great recommendations. I definetly recommend this tour :)
Marie | ParisReview by: Holly K
Fantastic and friendly!
Marie was absolutely wonderful. She was very flexible in helping me organise itineraries for several tours I booked through City Unscripted. She was always very prepared and full of many suggestions and enthusiastic about showing me around Paris. Marie even helped me with practising some French! I would highly recommend Marie. Thanks for making my stay in Paris wonderful!
Marie | ParisReview by: Holly K
Great people! Customised tours that truly shows you the city.
The team at City Unscripted are super friendly and helpful when I took four tours with them in Paris. I would definitely recommend this especially if you are not familiar with the city, language or culture and need a hand in getting started. Even though I had visited before and speak French at a fair level, I found these trips a highlight and looked forward to my trips each time! I made reservations and corresponded a bunch with Céline. She was great in accomodating my requests and would always go out of her way to assist me. My guide, Marie was outstanding - extremely friendly and fun to hang out with. It was truly as if I had a local friend. She worked hard to get itineraries set up for me, and made sure I got a chance to see the things I wanted to see and things that a local would see. I got to get a great understanding of the French day to day culture including work, leave, pay and a sense of what it would be like to live there. I was even able to test some of my French with Marie! Thanks for everything. Strongly recommended.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way