Your Perfect Local
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Any other
Shopping, Urban walks, Art and Culture, History and Literature, Food and Drinks
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Paris
People who viewed Your Perfect Local also viewed these hosts
Not really interested in the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Notre Dame, or all that touristy stuff? Me neither. Sure it's beautiful, but are you more interested in the way real, every day parisians live and hang out? More importantly, do you want to experience some of the best specialty coffee, luxurious lunches, bangin' bistros, natural wines, craft beer, and artisanal cocktails that you won't find in the guide books? Also, do you like riding bikes? Then let's please hang out :) My name is Marie-Louise. A bonafide Franco-American raised in Southern California, I spent my summers in Paris with my French relatives before moving here after college in 2011 to pursue a cooking career. With five years of industry experience going strong, there is nothing more I love than to show visitors all the places I cherish out here and partake in the enchantment. Outside of the kitchen, I am always on my bike and can show you all the secret spots to chill.
Marie-Louise Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
I am a Conceptual Artist with an Anthropological/Ethnographic academic background. I spent many years working on a variety of projects around the world, and in 2013 settled in Paris with my French wife and now 2.5 year old daughter. I have not only a diversity in my own small family (Afghan, American, French, and Cambodian roots) but am also very well traveled, am outgoing, easy to get along with, and am fluent in English, Farsi, and French. What I love about Paris is that it has so much to offer in terms of art, culture, food, music, EVERYTHING that goes way beyond the most well-known touristic sights and places that most people experience. Paris is full of hidden gems and spontaneous experiences that one can have just by walking through the city; it is a city that is, if one wants it to be, completely “unscripted!"
Aman Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
English, French, Farsi/Persian
Hi! My name is Niels, I'm 26 years old and I'm a short-movie maker. I've been living in Argentina for five years, studing at the Buenos Aires film university where I was in touch with people from all part of the world and travelled a lot around the continent. I'm definitely passionate about being in touch with foreigner cultures and learning new languages all the time. That's why I'm seduced with the idea of guiding visitors with local host! Can't wait to start as soon as possible, Cheers, Niels
Niels Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path
English, French, Spanish
Hello everyone ! I'm so excited about meeting you all and getting to explore my wonderful city with you ! My name is Myriam, I was born and raised in Paris. I've lived in Los Angeles for the past four years. Living away from home truly has made me fall in love with Paris all over again as I can see it with different eyes now. I'm an actress, writer and painter. I'm super passionate and curious about all forms of expression and anything that's mind expanding. There's so much to do with this wonderful life ! I also love exploring nature and getting in touch with that part of ourselves, which I believe deeply helps us put things in perspective and achieve some great levels of self-love and inner peace. I'm also passionate about self development and I love meeting new people to share stories and insights, there's so much we can learn from each other. Let's go on some adventures !
Myriam Is Great For
High-end travellers, Solo travellers, Children and families, Young adults
Your Perfect Local's Instagram
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way