Your Perfect Local
English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Hindi, Italian, German, Dutch, Any other
Shopping, Urban walks, Art and Culture, History and Literature, Food and Drinks
1. find and book
Find and book an experience or browse our Host's profiles and book your favourite one directly
2. tell us about you
We'll send a questionnaire to find out more about you, the places and things you want to see and the type of experience you're after
3. chat & plan
We'll match you to your ideal Host (if you didn't book one directly) and they'll contact you to plan your personalised experience.
4. explore together
Meet up and explore the city together. Experience the things and places that locals love and which make the city unique
My most exciting things to do in Paris
People who viewed Your Perfect Local also viewed these hosts
Not really interested in the Eiffel Tower, The Louvre, Notre Dame, or all that touristy stuff? Me neither. Sure it's beautiful, but are you more interested in the way real, every day parisians live and hang out? More importantly, do you want to experience some of the best specialty coffee, luxurious lunches, bangin' bistros, natural wines, craft beer, and artisanal cocktails that you won't find in the guide books? Also, do you like riding bikes? Then let's please hang out :) My name is Marie-Louise. A bonafide Franco-American raised in Southern California, I spent my summers in Paris with my French relatives before moving here after college in 2011 to pursue a cooking career. With five years of industry experience going strong, there is nothing more I love than to show visitors all the places I cherish out here and partake in the enchantment. Outside of the kitchen, I am always on my bike and can show you all the secret spots to chill.
Marie-Louise Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
I am a Conceptual Artist with an Anthropological/Ethnographic academic background. I spent many years working on a variety of projects around the world, and in 2013 settled in Paris with my French wife and now 2.5 year old daughter. I have not only a diversity in my own small family (Afghan, American, French, and Cambodian roots) but am also very well traveled, am outgoing, easy to get along with, and am fluent in English, Farsi, and French. What I love about Paris is that it has so much to offer in terms of art, culture, food, music, EVERYTHING that goes way beyond the most well-known touristic sights and places that most people experience. Paris is full of hidden gems and spontaneous experiences that one can have just by walking through the city; it is a city that is, if one wants it to be, completely “unscripted!"
Aman Is Great For
Food & Drink, Off-the-beaten-path, Solo travellers
English, French, Farsi/Persian
Firstly, I am a people person. I enjoy meeting new people and seeing people happy and I try to have a positive attitude. I think I’m a good listener, which I find is often one of the main assets needed to work with people in general. I have 3 years experience working as a volunteer Walking Holidays tour leader, and have enjoyed this immensely. I love Paris and since moving here I have become more interested in history of art and architecture. I wasn’t before moving to Paris, but with so many things to see and understand in this city you need to have the background from a historical perspective. This way you get the most of what you see. I speak French, English, Spanish and Portuguese fluently and I have a good knowledge of Turkish and Arabic.
Francisco Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, History and culture, LGBTQ, Off-the-beaten-path, Parks and nature, Senior travellers, Solo travellers
English, French, Spanish, Portuguese
Engineering for the French government agriculture. Oenology and viticulture. MBA of the French external trade. Thesis of the University of Burgundy's Dean in Sonoma, Chile studies for Lafite Rothschild. General Director of the opening of Le Cordon Bleu in Japan. First French food festivals in historical hotels of Asia, old Raffles, Dusit Thani, Park Hyatt Sydney, Tokyo opening, Okura. Primum Familiae Vini first world tour. Trainings for airlines companies. Today: Champagne winemaker, first world champion of Japanese sake, first Ambassador (President of the jury, Best Sommelier of the World, President of the Court of Master Sommeliers, Master of Wine, OBE). Champagne Masterclasses at Michel Bettane Paris Tasting School, Umami specialist since 1995, Culinary tours.
Francois Is Great For
Business travellers, Children and families, Food & Drink, High-end travellers, History and culture, Solo travellers
English, French, Japanese
Your Perfect Local's Instagram
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Host for
- Meet your Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way