I'm a super friendly, laid back, fun loving local here in New York City. I've lived in New York over 4 years and I am absolutely in love. I'm originally from Philadelphia so I have always been a city gal. I love exploring new places and trying new things, and I love to share with people my hidden secrets to the best places in New York. I'm a HUGE foodie. I love food and desserts in this city more than anything else, so I will always have recommendations in that department. Fun fact- I've lived in almost every NYC borough (save for Staten Island) so I know a good deal about many of the city's various neighborhoods and what they have to offer. I love New York because I feel like its constantly growing and changing, and there is always something exciting to be seen. I've lived here for awhile and I'm always discovering new things- hidden secrets and fun little gems! New York really is the center of the universe, there's a huge mix of art, culture, history, fun...I could go on forever. I love meeting and hanging out with new people and sharing with them this wonderful city that I am so happy to be apart of!
Budget travellers, First time visitors, Foodies, High-end travellers, LGBT scene, New residents, Off the beaten-path, Senior travellers, Solo travellers, Travellers with kids, Vegans, Vegetarians
Art, Major Galleries & Museums, Traditional, Ancient, Food, Restaurants, Asian, Chinese, Thai, Italian, Spanish, Culture, Cinema, Theatre, Musicals, Shopping, Books & stationery, Music , Food, Music , Concerts, Festivals, Outside Spaces, Historical, Parks, Canals, rivers, lakes, Markets, Zoo, Street-tours, Walking exploration, Nightlife, Live Events, Pop-up, Performances, Cafes
Battery Park City, Bedford-Stuyvesant, Brooklyn Heights, Chelsea, Chinatown, DUMBO, East Harlem, East Village, Financial District, Flatiron District, Greenwich Village, Harlem, Inwood, Little Italy, Lower East Side, Meatpacking District, Midtown, Noho, Nolita, Park Slope, Soho, South Street Seaport, Times Square/Theatre District, Tribeca, Union Square, Upper East Side, Upper West Side, Washington Heights
My most exciting things to do in New York
New York is a plethora of culture, art and history. I love to spend a day roaming through one of many of New York's incredible museums, or taking a stroll through one of many NYC parks (there's more than just Central Park, and I have a couple hidden favorites). I love just walking and roaming the streets, so often times you will find me just wandering around and exploring the city. There is always something new to discover. Last but not least, I make it a point to try some new cafe or restaurant at least once a week. I love food and I especially love sweets. I have a huge sweet tooth so there are definitely quite a few go to places I know will satisfy any craving.
How many hours should you book?
Following is a brief guide to help you decide how many hours to book your Local Host for
- Meet your Local Host for a coffee anywhere in the city or at your hotel and get advice on things to do and see during your stay
- Explore a small area or street of the city to get insider insights and advice from your Local Host
- Explore a mainstream area of the city to see the main tourist sites but also to discover hidden gems that most tourists miss
- Discover an "off the beaten path" area of the city loved by locals and get a feel for what makes the city so special
- Visit some of the main tourist sites, get insider insights from your Local Host and discover hidden gems along the way
- Focus on a specific neighbourhood or larger area of the city, discover its streets and places locals frequent and get a real insight into what really makes the city beat
- Explore an area of the city that offers interesting things to see and do day and night and stop for a drink at some of the best bars along the way
- Visit a child friendly area of the city and have time for the kids to run around and explore any interesting shops and attractions. Get advice from your Local Host on child friendly places to eat and visit during your stay
- See all or most of the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for a drink or quick lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host and based on what you like, get insider insights and discover hidden gems along the way
- Mix it! Visit some of the main tourist sites and then go off to explore an off the beaten path neighbourhood loved by locals. Stop for a drink or quick lunch along the way
- Choose a theme such as food discovery, best markets, vintage shopping, music scene, trendy scene, history, art etc and let your Local Host plan an outing across several areas of the city covering the best of your chosen theme
- Give your Local Host a list of all the places you want to visit and things you want to do and let him/her plan an outing that makes the most of your time including organising tickets to attractions etc.
- See all the main tourist sites in different locations of the city, stop for lunch at a cafe or restaurant recommended by your Local Host, have time to pop into any shops, galleries or places of interest along the way, get insider insights and discover hidden gems
- Mix it! Visit the main tourist sites and then go off to explore one or more off the beaten path neighbourhoods loved by locals. Stop for lunch or dinner and drinks along the way